Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
3500 Open/3600 Sovran Extended Cruising/Overnighting
#1
Fellow boaters,

New to the forum.....and hope to be here for a while - looking to transition from a Four Winns 28' cruiser to a 3500 open or 3600 Sovran (early 2000's) in time for the start of the 2018/2019 boating season.  In a separate post I solicited info on a downloadable manual for the 3600 Sovran to begin educating myself on it's mechanical and electrical systems.  

Last year I was dead-set on purchasing a mid 2000's Formula 34PC for use up here on the east coast (cruising/transient overnights up and down the coast between Portland ME and the Cape) but recently fell in love with Tiara, i.e. the 3500 Open and 3600 Sovran.  Both look like outstanding boats for our intended purpose but the Sovran looks like it's better suited for cruising and overnights given the cabin layout and cockpit configuration.

Curious, are there others on the forum who own either boat and use them for extended overnights (3-5 nights)?  It's just my wife and I so I'm thinking the amount of room available in the cabin (much more than the boat we have) would suffice for extended overnight cruising.  I know this is a fairly broad question but I'm interested in hearing the experiences others are having with these boats for this purpose.

Thanks!
Like Post Reply

  


Messages In This Thread
3500 Open/3600 Sovran Extended Cruising/Overnighting - by radiocontester - 10-28-2017, 05:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3500 Open deck lift piston drmiagi11 2 793 09-03-2026, 04:05 PM
Last Post: drmiagi11
  Crusader rpm cruising speed pwilbur49 1 919 05-11-2026, 03:09 PM
Last Post: cp4000
  2001 3500 open, diesel exhaust flanges? North Star 4 1,506 02-24-2026, 08:55 AM
Last Post: North Star
  1989 33' Tiara Open - Bedding Question jgaudet2 2 2,124 12-21-2025, 10:02 AM
Last Post: jgaudet2
  2003 3100 Open cabin privacy curtain. Hilary 3 2,809 12-02-2025, 02:13 PM
Last Post: E-MAN



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

3500 Open/3600 Sovran Extended Cruising/Overnighting00