Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
29 Open, Horn replacement
#4
Bill,

I have not had to change a horn on a 29 Open, but I thought that it pulled out through that grill. It may not however. There has to be a way to get to it, although it was likely installed before the cap was lowered onto the hull. Sometimes engineers do not design things to be easy to access after the fact, although Tiara does a better job of this than most manufacturers.

Where is the breaker panel that would give you access to this area (I'm not picturing it)? Is there an arch access pannel that you can pull and reach forward to the horn? Can you get outboard of the Starboard engine to access it from below? My guess is you would have to be very skinny (I know I wouldn't fit!) for this option.

The last resort would be to cut an access hole and install an access plate - If you can access the area. If you do resort to this, you must be very careful as there could be wiring running behind this area. I would cut it with a hole saw and only go deep enough to get through the glass. Using a jig saw would open you up to cutting all sorts of things you don't want to cut.

I wish I could be of more help.

Sincerely,
Chris Burkard
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
29 Open, Horn replacement - by Bill Tut - 03-30-2013, 08:54 AM
RE: 29 Open, Horn replacement - by royfish - 06-18-2020, 03:23 PM
29 Open, Horn replacement - by bsause - 06-18-2020, 09:52 PM
29 Open, Horn replacement - by Chris Burkard - 04-01-2013, 01:51 PM
29 Open, Horn replacement - by Bill Tut - 04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
29 Open, Horn replacement - by Chris Burkard - 04-01-2013, 04:32 PM
29 Open, Horn replacement - by Bill Tut - 04-01-2013, 04:48 PM
29 Open, Horn replacement - by Bill Tut - 04-01-2013, 05:09 PM
29 Open, Horn replacement - by Bill Tut - 04-07-2013, 04:34 PM
29 Open, Horn replacement - by Richjm - 05-08-2013, 04:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 502 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  Replacement of Carbon Filter on vent line from Holding Tank. 38 Open ReelMagic 1 401 08-18-2026, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  [Tiara Open] Fireboy FE-241 replacement roboh20 0 372 07-25-2026, 09:15 AM
Last Post: roboh20
  2001 38’ Open interior table base removal twilson0929 3 787 07-07-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  Freezer Replacement for 40' Tiara Reprise1 4 1,742 06-09-2026, 02:28 PM
Last Post: fuzzy



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

29 Open, Horn replacement00