Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tiara Open Anchor Options
#1
Good Evening Everyone,

I am interested in upgrading the anchor on my 3500 Open.  I found some that I like, but after making cardboard templates of them, none of them seem to be able to come up through the pulpit.  Has anyone out there swapped out the anchor on their boat?  If so, what did you go with?

Thanks in Advance!
Like Post Reply

#2
25 lbs danforth standard for my 36 Open. Also has 150' of chain. Anchoring isn't a problem and it comes up thru the bow pulpit fine.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Misdirection's post:
CaptBrett (05-16-2020)
Like Post Reply
#3
I swapped my original for a Lewmar Delta 44lb with 120 ft of 5/16 chain and 200 ft of rode, works perfect for my 3500 open.
I'm on the Sea of Cortez and we can get some pretty good blows.
Chuck
Like Post Reply
#4
I just put a 55lb Vulcan (by Rocna) on our 4300 Sovran, it was the only one I could find that would work easily without changing out rollers and alignment, ect. It fits nice and snug and gets the most insane, easy bite, than any anchor that I have ever had. From the 3500 Open's that I have seen, our bow puplits are very similar, I would imagine a 44lb Vulcan would be sufficient for you.
Like Post Reply
#5
(05-13-2020, 04:13 PM)Bradford Wrote: I just put a 55lb Vulcan (by Rocna) on our 4300 Sovran, it was the only one I could find that would work easily without changing out rollers and alignment, ect.  It fits nice and snug and gets the most insane, easy bite, than any anchor that I have ever had.  From the 3500 Open's that I have seen, our bow puplits are very similar, I would imagine a 44lb Vulcan would be sufficient for you.

Hi Bradford, 

We spend a fair amount of nights at anchor and have wanted to upgrade the existing Delta anchor to a Rocna etc.  Did you have to modify anything for it to fit correctly?  If you happen to have any pictures, could you post?

Max
Like Post Reply
#6
Thanks for the input guys.  I was interested in swapping to a newer generation style anchor, so the Vulcan option is intriguing.  I really don't want to have to modify the pulpit either though, so a larger Delta could work too.  Did anybody have to modify anything to get their anchor up through?
Like Post Reply
#7
Here are the pictures of a 55 lb. (Model 33) Vulcan anchor on our 4300 Sovran. Only modification was a new, slightly larger swivel connector.[Image: 85fc6cf7fc17ba21ee7296187cab9c91.jpg][Image: 9ce4662edf27b380adb521950c590a1f.jpg][Image: e1d3e3a6b8ab827a7a74aa6e1be0c8ad.jpg][Image: ea381ed8a0f9a15e0eabd109077bb985.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
#8
No modifications going to the 44lb Delta fit perfectly
Chuck
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] anchor windlass for 3100 open captron51! 0 1,779 07-28-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: captron51!
  38 Open Anchor/Pulpit Question hiccup 1 2,888 03-02-2022, 10:24 AM
Last Post: williamwalter
  3700 Open anchor recommendations lymeflyer 2 3,276 03-07-2021, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Sans Peur
  [Tiara Open] De-laminated anchor locker dudley 8 6,852 12-17-2020, 09:50 AM
Last Post: ardoski14
  [Tiara Open] Tiara Open 3100 - missing windless for anchor Tgilbert 11 11,837 03-27-2020, 07:00 PM
Last Post: CaptBrett



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Anchor Options00