Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
2007 3000 Open stern door latch
#1
            Hello all,

My stern door latch pin that lets the latch pivot has corroded and broken. Tiara will only sell the complete assembly. It's price is $1200.00.  I would like to simply replace the pin that is pressed into the handle. Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the latch assembly is? Pics attached.  Thanks, Patrick
Like Post Reply

#2
Jeez!! I will start taking better care of mine now. You might check with GG Schmitt and Sons in Sarasota. FL.
Like Post Reply
#3
Good for you even getting it off. Mine makes a rattle because the handle is a bit loose. I've pulled the screws and the thing is stuck to the door. I gave as much effort as I could to getting it off but am worried I'm going to destroy the door. As for replacing the pin, I would use a local fabricator. They may charge as much as $150 for the small part but building the relationship with them is going to pay off in the future. Go to your local breakfast place with the most work trucks outside and start talking to people. They will know who you should use. Good luck
Like Post Reply
#4
Just use it without the pin. I hate that damn pin. It really slows me down when I want to get out of the cockpit and on the dive platform quickly. I have started just sliding across the transom instead of dealing with it.
Sans Peur 2003 Tiara 50 Open
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Unknown noise from Tiara 3800 Open engine room Tony Saitta 2 72 1 hour ago
Last Post: ReelMagic
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 511 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  Replacement of Carbon Filter on vent line from Holding Tank. 38 Open ReelMagic 1 403 08-18-2026, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  bathroom door handle fuzzy 2 525 07-18-2026, 05:43 PM
Last Post: fuzzy
  2001 38’ Open interior table base removal twilson0929 3 797 07-07-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: hiccup



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

2007 3000 Open stern door latch00