Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tiara Open Unknown noise from Tiara 3800 Open engine room
#1
There is an unknown noise coming from the engine room even while the engines are off. I am in Perth Western Australia and I have not been able to find a mechanic that can explain the source of the noise. I have taken a video which demonstrates the problem.
The noise seems to be coming from the seaside of the Starboard engine.
Link below for video
[




Can someone please suggest possible noise source.
Like Post Reply

#2
Your video did not post. Try again and or describe the noise. someone may be able to help you.
Like Post Reply
#3
I agree your posted video didn't post correctly.... I have a 2003 38 Open as well and on my boat there are several items that may be causing the noise. I have the Glendenning 50 amp shore power coiiler that has a motor that retrieves/feeds out the shore cable and there is a micro switche that shuts power to the motor off when fully retireved which may be stuck causing the motor to run even though the shore cable is fully retrieved. The 2nd is the holding tank pump that pumps overboard (through the bottom) anything in the holding tank (not sure if your boat has this pump). It's turned on via a switch under the steps..... My guess is the motor associated with the Glendenning cable retrieving micro switch causing the motor to run continually.... Just a guess as I don't have much to go on...
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Help with Fuel Vent Issue - Tiara 2700 (1988) kahunamax 3 240 10-02-2026, 11:50 AM
Last Post: kahunamax
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 516 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  [Tiara Sovran] Main engine hatch gas shock lift assist bracket separation hmtrerice 0 319 08-21-2026, 02:33 PM
Last Post: hmtrerice
  Replacement of Carbon Filter on vent line from Holding Tank. 38 Open ReelMagic 1 403 08-18-2026, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  Tiara 52 Sovran Salon Keel Question Knot On Call 2 560 08-17-2026, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Bford100



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Unknown noise from Tiara 3800 Open engine room00