Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to me
Hello Club Tiara,

We have just taken delivery of a 1990 31 open with twin 7.4's
This particular boat has seen a few upgrades over the past 3 owners.... The best (IMO) modification is the transom door that was cut in.... What a difference this makes!!!

We have put a total of 4 hours on it since our purchase...we ran it up the Coast from San Diego to Newport and she is currently on dry land getting an extensive makeover in the cabin and cockpit.... we hope to relaunch and have the renaming ceromony by late June or early July.

So far we beleive the Tiara brand and this particular model will suit us the best... i recently sold a 34' Fly bridge and have found the Express much more user friendly for the boating we do.... (Cruising , fishing and of course the dock party!!) Fortunatley for me the wife likes the 31 open so much , she is looking at the 43 open .... who knows...just maybe!!!

And yes, the new name on her is "Pole Dancer" since me and my son love to do the Tuna dance...lol

Mike
Like Post Reply

Welcome to the forum!

Would love to see pics of your boat - especially the modified transom door!  We're having dinghy davits added to the swim platform of our 3500 Open, and the only downside will be that we won't be able to use our transom door.

Glad you're here!

Thumbs Up   
--------------------------
Fiddlehead II ... 2002 Tiara 3500 Open, 8.1 Crusaders, Furuno TZT14 & TZT9

[Image: fiddleheadii-gloryshot.jpg]
Like Post Reply
Fiddlehead, I have been researching davits myself. I have a 1997 33 Open with a tuna door. Same issue as you have. I want to have dinghy davits and still use my door. What I came up with is Hurley H20 system. There are 2 rails that hook up to 2 plates that are bolted to the swim platform.  the rails can actually be removed very easy after the dinghy has been launched. This setup also allows me to use my swim ladder with is mounted under the access door on the swim platform. Check them out. Talked to them on Sat, real nice people.

Kurt 
Like Post Reply
(04-06-2015, 04:15 PM)kurts52 Wrote: Fiddlehead, I have been researching davits myself. I have a 1997 33 Open with a tuna door. Same issue as you have. I want to have dinghy davits and still use my door. What I came up with is Hurley H20 system. There are 2 rails that hook up to 2 plates that are bolted to the swim platform.  the rails can actually be removed very easy after the dinghy has been launched. This setup also allows me to use my swim ladder with is mounted under the access door on the swim platform. Check them out. Talked to them on Sat, real nice people.

Kurt 
Kurt, I've looked at the Hurleys, as well as the Nautley XL and the St. Croix Roll-Ons.  Haven't decided on any of the above yet, but leaning slightly toward the last two, as they each have a 500 lb capacity, while the Hurley is 350 lb.  All are sufficient for my dink, but I just like the idea of dual support points on each arm rather than single. 

No matter which davits I choose, I still like the idea of a transom door that opens in!  Thumbs Up

Cheers! 

Mike    
--------------------------
Fiddlehead II ... 2002 Tiara 3500 Open, 8.1 Crusaders, Furuno TZT14 & TZT9

[Image: fiddleheadii-gloryshot.jpg]
Like Post Reply