Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper Motor Voltage
Hello All,
first post!!!

I have a 2004 3500 Open. My Port and Center Wiper motors have been slowing down (Going on and then shutting off)....I purchased two new Marinco/AFI motors, arms and blades. When I removed the port motor I checked the voltage coming out of the Tiara windshield trim - 3 wires...There was a yellow (ground), pink (hot) and brown (park). I noticed when putting voltmeter to yellow and pink I received 12.75 volts. However when I went yellow and brown I only got 3-4 volts. I got the same results with the center motor, except center park wire gave me 6 volts. Does anyone know if the voltage is supposed to be less in the "park" wire since I assume it does not require much? I have cut wires back a bit and tested - no substantial gain in voltage.

Also, Im assuming that I have a ground issue in the port motor since eventually the park wire gave me less than 1 volt.

Has anyone ever experienced these issues? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks BB
Like Post Reply

I have not but I have all the schematics for my boat (2000 3500) and I assume they are the same. I will try to remember to take a look at them to determine what drive the wiper motors and if I remember I can bring them back to my office and scan some if you need them. If you find anything before that post it here so others will know as well. 

Tom
Tom
Like Post Reply
This is what I would expect for readings, all read to the yellow  / negative wire:

With the wiper switch ON read 12 volts on the pink / hot wire.

With the wiper switch OFF read 12 volts on the brown / park wire.

The PARK switch contacts are internal in the wiper. They are closed until the motor makes a revolution to the park position and then they open and stop the motor.

These readings are best taken while the wires are connected to the wiper as an open circuit reading can be misleading if you have poor ground connections or bad switch contacts.

I would be looking at a bad ground at the console end, bad switch contacts or corrosion at the switch terminals.

Capt. George
Like Post Reply
Thank you sir. I will give this a look tomorrow. 

(08-22-2015, 06:59 AM)Uhehner Wrote: This is what I would expect for readings, all read to the yellow  / negative wire:

With the wiper switch ON read 12 volts on the pink / hot wire.

With the wiper switch OFF read 12 volts on the brown / park wire.

The PARK switch contacts are internal in the wiper. They are closed until the motor makes a revolution to the park position and then they open and stop the motor.

These readings are best taken while the wires are connected to the wiper as an open circuit reading can be misleading if you have poor ground connections or bad switch contacts.

I would be looking at a bad ground at the console end, bad switch contacts or corrosion at the switch terminals.

Capt. George
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Voltage gage DLydey 3 67 9 hours ago
Last Post: DLydey
  2005- 3600 Open Center Windshield Wiper Motor Cover Replacement Tminus3 1 300 03-30-2024, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Makoman
  Wiring for Voltage Gauges Matta0413 2 595 05-31-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  Wiper Motor removal stugiv 5 1,707 05-10-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The Duke
  Wiper blades JPKDouglas 3 1,654 12-23-2022, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Trainman