Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Tiara 35 open flush floor storage tank
I have recently purchased a 2001 Tiara 3500 open. It has the aft cockpit lounge with storage under the cushions, but is missing the option for the flush floor storage tank under the seat. This came with or without a macerator. Dose anyone have one that they would like to sell?
Like Post Reply

I think what you are looking for is the fish box. 
Tom
Like Post Reply
(03-31-2016, 06:54 AM)trit21 Wrote: I think what you are looking for is the fish box. 

Tom,

You are correct the option was listed in the fishing group of options. What Tiara called the Flush Floor Storage Tank was a $1,300 option. The Flush Floor Storage Tank w/ Macerator was a $1,700 option and would have been used as a fish box opposed to being used as storage. I have attached a web link to some pictures of what I am looking for and also the price list for other options. I have the Aft Cockpit Lounge with the Storage under the Cushions and need only the box or insert.

http://www.fototime.com/users/bob@ls-6.com/Storage%20box
Like Post Reply
Good luck in finding one but let me warn you, if you do find one, about a design flaw from Tiara. The fish box, storage box, is not supported at the rear of the box. At least mine wasn't when I purchased the boat and it does not look like anything was removed so I am assuming it was like that from factory. All the weight is being supported on the front flange. Eventually, what happened to mine before I purchased, the flange will start to deform and the rear of the box will sag. This will eventually cause the bottom of the box to rub against the steering arm for the rudder. This was  happening to mine and I had to support the rear of the box from the stringers beneath. Once I did that, all is good but just wanted to let you know if you put heavy stuff it will slide to the rear and the box MAY deform like mine did. A support should be made on the bottom of the box for the rear. My fiberglass flanges were cracking and deforming. [Image: box.jpg]
Tom
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In search of stern bench seat - '07 Tiara Open! sharon@coastalcm-llc.com 1 541 03-27-2024, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Coastie57
  Fuel Tank Deck Covers Joeboch348 0 158 03-09-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Joeboch348
  [Tiara Open] 31 Open Large ( Center ) Livewell Eric Wachsning 0 251 03-02-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Eric Wachsning
  Wanted: Swim platform for 3100 Open KME 13 9,146 02-29-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PattB
  [Tiara Open] Rear seats for 88 3100 Open $700 mc307tank 4 801 02-22-2024, 09:35 PM
Last Post: MR Lee