Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacu-Flush - Location of Vacuum Pump
Hi,

Hoping someone can help with this...our vacuflush toilet has stopped "sucking" and I have a feeling it is the pump. But, have no clue where to look and don't want to remove the wrong hose...Anybody know where the pump would be located and if there is more than one breaker?

As always, I appreciate the help and suggestions.

-Eric
Like Post Reply

Not sure where the Vacuflush pump is in a 31 Open but my 38 Open has it located in the engine room. Suspect the same for the 31... Does the Vacuflush pump sound like its running when you flush (Open engine room day hatch and have someone flush so you can listen)? If so I suspect you need to change the "DUCK BILLS".. They are located before and after the pump and require replacement when the pump works and the head doesn't empty correctly........ I've attached a diagram of a vacuflush pump. The duck bills are item # 12.... Just a guess...

[attachment=250]
Like Post Reply
Thanks! I am pretty sure the pump is not running at all and will take a look at the duck bills as well. Appreciate the info..

- Eric
Like Post Reply
There is a switch on my system that is guaranteed to fail  on every boat I go on. . The manufacturer says a new one has to be installed and calibrated by a tech. BS.  I ran two wires from the switch to my head and installed a switch there. When you want to flush, just close the switch to start the pump and shut it off afterwards. Has worked for years.  Capt. George
Like Post Reply
on my 3600 Open the pump is in the engine compartment on the aft bulkhead. I have a breaker on the electrical panel labeled "head" when switched on will start the pump to create a vacuum. I can tell that the pump is running by looking at the DC amp meter on the main electrical panel. Once a vacuum is achieved, the pump shuts off. If you have a DC amp meter on your panel, look at it and you should see it bouncing up and down a couple of amps as the pump is running, if it is holding steady after you flush, the pump is probably not running. Good Luck
Like Post Reply
On a 32 Open, the pump is plumbed into the pipe that leads directly into the waste holding tank. It sits directly above the holding tank which is on the port side. 
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HPF error and strainer location d5dekeyser 1 56 05-03-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  2018 38LS Black water tank location Scottbee 1 499 03-11-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Scottbee
  41 Open AC water pump vapor lock esf 3 553 08-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: esf
  [Tiara Sovran] Vacuflush Pump out procedure Donaldjames 2 1,030 06-21-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Donaldjames
  bildge pump honest mark 4 1,028 06-20-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: honest mark