Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open How to change out lights that are burned out
Just got my first Tiara 36 Open 2005 . Love the boat . Made it back across Lake Erie in one piece . Couple of questions to some of you that are seasoned Tiara owners . 
1. The ceiling lights in the Hardtop have and will eventually burn out. Does anyone know the trick to getting the lights out so you can change the bulbs. I have tried and it seems they come out 3/4 of inch and then get harder to get out. I have looked for some sort of clip that is holding it in . Any help would be appreciated . Looked for a you tube video . couldn't find one . 
2. Is it common for there to be an inch or two of water in the center of the boat. When we move the aft bilge comes on and off. Should I look for a leak or is that common.
Like Post Reply

[attachment=326]
The hard top lights are held in by 2 springs that are attached to the fixtures themselves.... I've remove several to change the bulbs.. As you stated they come out about 3/4" and then  you need to keep pulling.... Very hard to get the springs to straiten out so the fixture can be removed.. Be very, very carfull as when the fixture comes out the springs go back to the their normal position and can easily get you fingers.... Take it from me it will hurt..

WRT to the aft bilge pump coming on when you first go onto plane is common for my 2003 38 as well... What happens is the small amount of water remaining in the bilge goes to the rear (stern) and triggers the aft bilge pump to come on for a few seconds... Don't believe it's uncommon based on the fact Tiara placed the aft bilge pump very close to the transom so any water moving aft will trigger the pump. M2C.
[-] The following 2 users Like ReelMagic's post:
bigboatben (05-22-2017), Fiddlehead (05-29-2017)
Like Post Reply
Thank you very much for your help I will try that .
Like Post Reply
I did what you said and it worked perfectly . Not sure if it was a 5 or 10 watt bulb. Put in a 5

Thank you and I still have my fingers
Like Post Reply
(05-25-2017, 12:34 PM)stevemoore77@gmail.com Wrote: I did what you said and it worked perfectly . Not sure if it was a 5 or 10 watt bulb. Put in a 5  
Thank you and I still have my fingers

One other thing to know about the light bulbs....if they are the halogen bulbs that Tiara installed on your boat. These bulbs get very hot and if you allow your fingerprints to get on the clear glass, the bulb will burn out quickly. The oil in the prints creates hot spots that shorten bulb life. The fix is to clean the new bulbs with alcohol and a soft cloth. Wear rubber gloves for the installation so they stay clean going in and the bulbs will last a long time.
Like Post Reply
I recently replaced all the bulbs on the boat with LED...  It was hard to find bulbs that would fit in the fixture.  I ended up buying these from amazon...
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

For the ceiling fixtures (the recessed mousetrap spring ones), the bulbs fit after I cut off the "nipple" on the end...  For the small undercounter puck light fixtures, I just cracked the plastic covering off of the bulbs and placed only the LED part.  Happy so far...

max
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] 3100 Dash lights tatum051 3 3,790 07-20-2023, 05:47 AM
Last Post: MuskyHuntr
  [Tiara Open] Open 4100 change from AGM to Lithium? Clarky98 2 729 07-10-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Clarky98
  [Tiara Open] Red led control panel lights out lakesidevu 0 812 06-22-2021, 01:05 PM
Last Post: lakesidevu
  [Tiara Open] No Indicator Lights on AC Section of Breaker Panel It's A Need 3 1,903 12-26-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Jimmy
  guage lights justrollin 2 1,773 09-15-2020, 10:42 AM
Last Post: justrollin