Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior Recessed Lights
I have a 1996 Tiara 40 Express. Does anyone know who the manufacture is for the interior ceiling recessed lights and were to purchase replacement parts? Thank you.
Like Post Reply

If you contact tiara with your hull number they might be able help. Or you can also contact your local to your dealer with your hull number and they can get you the information. If it was my boat I would just find New fixtures of roughly the same dimension but in LED. If you replace a 10 W standard lightbulb with an LED the LED will draw one or less watts and run much cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
I wouldn't give up on your old lights.you can buy new led bulbs that fit into the old housing sometimes .most of my housings on my boat have been upgraded to led.i purchased a lot of bulbs from dr led.

Thumbnail(s)

Like Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I am going to keep the current lights, but I need a replacement lens that cracked. Also, how do you remove the lights to change out the bulb and change the lens? Thanks!
Like Post Reply
Did you try contacting Imtra in New Bedford, Mass?  They have supplied Tiara over the years with many different lighting fixtures.
Like Post Reply
(01-22-2017, 05:05 PM)borcheb Wrote: Thanks for the feedback.  I am going to keep the current lights, but I need a replacement lens that cracked.  Also, how do you remove the lights to change out the bulb and change the lens?  Thanks!
hope this helps, but they just twist off, just grab the top half and twist, from there you can see the bulb, and in you hand will be the lens part.  I think it may just pop out.
Like Post Reply
Thanks! I will try that. It seems to be a basic question. However, I have had a few different people look at them and we are all stumped!! Thanks again!
Like Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 06:18 PM)borcheb Wrote: Thanks! I will try that. It seems to be a basic question. However, I have had a few different people look at them and we are all stumped!! Thanks again!

(01-25-2017, 12:44 PM)williamwalter Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 06:18 PM)borcheb Wrote: Thanks! I will try that. It seems to be a basic question. However, I have had a few different people look at them and we are all stumped!! Thanks again!

If you're doing hardtop lights it takes a good pull to get them out.they have springs that once they come out will do a number on your fingers.bill

Thumbnail(s)

Like Post Reply

If you're doing hardtop lights it takes a good pull to get them out.they have springs that once they come out will do a number on your fingers.bill

Scurvy, did you ever figure this out? I have the same boat with the same issues with the interior lights and need new lenses. Share if you get these things apart and where you found the replacement parts!

Thanks in advance!
Like Post Reply
SeaDation - No luck yet, been searching local marine consignment shops.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] 3100 Dash lights tatum051 3 3,790 07-20-2023, 05:47 AM
Last Post: MuskyHuntr
  [Tiara Open] Red led control panel lights out lakesidevu 0 812 06-22-2021, 01:05 PM
Last Post: lakesidevu
  [Tiara Open] No Indicator Lights on AC Section of Breaker Panel It's A Need 3 1,903 12-26-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Jimmy
  guage lights justrollin 2 1,773 09-15-2020, 10:42 AM
Last Post: justrollin
  cockpit courtesy lights justrollin 4 5,544 06-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Last Post: peakay