Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tiara Sovran Depth finder problems
#1
I have a new to me 2006 36 'Sovran.  The electronics were replaced with new Raymarine units in 2016.
 When this boat is on a plane  the depth finder goes blank. If anyone has this boat and this does not happen I would like to know the location of your transducer.

Thanks
Like Post Reply

#2
Hello,
I have a 3600 Open with C120 Raymarine electronics, I have cruising and fishing mode settings which helps hold the bottom and depth when cruising. You can also manually change the gain and it will help as well. My transducer is located on the port side just forward of the stuffing box for the shaft and inboard of the shaft. Hope this helps,
Thanks
Like Post Reply
#3
If you have a frequency setting try toggling that as well. That did the trick for me.
Like Post Reply
#4
Thanks for the replies. I will look into the settings.
Like Post Reply
#5
Was everything replaced in 2016 or just the displays?

A few years ago, Raymarine had an issue with some of its DSM 300's and replaced them at no charge. I believe they were the ones made in Mexico not Hungary (or vice versa)...
Like Post Reply
#6
mine is an 'on hull?' that is located right behind the bulkhead of the engine room, almost directly below the unit. It is right next to the stringer, maybe 3-4" away up the hull. the biggest reason I found my not working was it did not have enough fluid in it. It needs to have 'pink stuff' in it. (the stuff you use to winterize your water system.
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  depth sounder help sluggo 8 9,585 05-22-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: FamilyAffair
  depth sounder help sluggo 1 3,260 09-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Last Post: sluggo
  Airmar Transducer Problems Betterdays123 1 3,566 08-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Uhehner



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Depth finder problems00