Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple questions on 3700 Open
So just purchased a 37 Open and trying to figure out a couple things and wondering if anyone could help.

1) The "Gen Running" light on the dash doesn't activate, any idea where the sensor or activation switch for this is? Bulb seems to still work.

2) There is a single light switch on the right side up high just inside the companion way, any idea what this is for?

3) There are two freshwater pumps mounted under the stairs, the upper one doesn't work but we still have good pressure. Any idea why they installed 2 pumps? It appears to be a single speed pump, could I replace this with a mutli-speed/on demand pump or would the different pumps not work well together?

4) The drain hoses for both fish boxes appear to just drain into the bilge, is this correct? On my 31' they drained overboard.

Thanks
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lured Away's post:
bwoods94 (11-27-2016)
Like Post Reply

My "gen running" light doesn't work either. I pulled an additional cable from the main AC panel with the idea of hooking it up. It's down my list of items. The single light switch on the right as you enter the cabin is the overhead light above the companionway steps in the cabin. It comes on for a few minutes then turns itself off. There is also a pressure switch on the top step (mine is missing) that activates that light as well. For this light to work, your "remote control" breaker on the 12v panel needs to be "on." You need to get and read the owners' manual, it explains all this stuff, including the remote controlled cockpit courtesy lights. Call Tiara or reply with your email and I'll send you a pdf of it.

The two freshwater pumps are simply redundant pumps. My fishbox drained to a macerator then overboard, The bait well was supplied by a baitwell pump and drained overboard. I've disconnected all this stuff, using the intake thru hull for my enclosure A/C units and the fish boxes for storage.

Tiara 3700 Open, Cummins 6cta/450s
\"Buoy Scout\"
Like Post Reply
Thanks frank, just found the tiara manual in the boat. Also found a great Cat spare parts kit, hatch and companionway covers, and 5 new impellers in that hidden compartment under the main storage area under bed.
Like Post Reply
There is another storage area under the bed, forward of the main one, you need to fold the mattress back, and lift the hatch off. Took me 6 months to discover that one. Found a cockpit cover in there.
\"Buoy Scout\"
Like Post Reply
1) The "Gen Running" light on the dash doesn't activate, any idea where the sensor or activation switch for this is? Bulb seems to still work.

I believe this is run to the main AC panel in the cabin to the back of the main Generator Breaker.

2) There is a single light switch on the right side up high just inside the companion way, any idea what this is for?

As mentioned above, this is the likely for the main cabin light above the cabin entrance door. Also as mentioned, you may have to turn on the breaker for the remote lighting switch.

3) There are two freshwater pumps mounted under the stairs, the upper one doesn't work but we still have good pressure. Any idea why they installed 2 pumps? It appears to be a single speed pump, could I replace this with a mutli-speed/on demand pump or would the different pumps not work well together?

Tiara installed two fresh water pumps in line on many different boat models. The two single speed pumps build more consistent water flow than a single pump and eliminate the need for a pressure regulator tank. Yes, you could switch to a single multi-speed pump. You may want to consider installing a regulator tank if you go this route.

4) The drain hoses for both fish boxes appear to just drain into the bilge, is this correct? On my 31' they drained overboard.

Tiara offered an option to plumb the fish boxes to a macerator (they T'd both boxes to a single macerator). If the original owner did not order this option, then they just drained the boxes into the bilge. If you don't use the boxes for fish, I would not bother plumbing them to a macerator. The macerator is just another pump to maintain and is not necessary if you are just putting fresh water into the bilge. Obviously, you do not want to drain fish guts into the bilge as you will never get the smell out.
Chris Burkard
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
Quote:sawdustdad - 11/18/2013 2:27 PM

There is another storage area under the bed, forward of the main one, you need to fold the mattress back, and lift the hatch off. Took me 6 months to discover that one. Found a cockpit cover in there.

Really, I'll have to look and see if my 38 has that storage too.

My fish box doesn't have a macerator too. I wonder if my valise life raft will fit in there?

2006 Tiara 3800 Open with Cummins 8.3 QSC's
Like Post Reply
I keep my valise under the jump seat, but it should fit in the fishbox. My fishbox is full of fenders, hose, lines and cleaning supplies. My helm seat and the passenger seat house a pair of 12k BTU A/C units to cool the bridge enclosure. I converted the compartment under the "L" seat to a pull-out bar.
\"Buoy Scout\"
Like Post Reply
Hi SawDust...I have 18000Btu under the helm seat, so no storage there, but that pullout bar sounds interesting...can you post a picture?

Thanks, Mark
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tiara 3800 Open - Buyer's Guide AtlasRearden 13 5,615 01-19-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  2010 3600 Open Swim Platform bandnew 5 3,372 12-22-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: bandnew
  4200 Open with 660 Cummins range? Stripedo 3 2,855 12-19-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Hifirush
  3100 open props bdastu21 2 2,214 11-29-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: hiccup