Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
Hello All,

Wanted to introduce myself.  Name is Duke.  Long time Lake St. Clair boater on the beautiful east side of Michigan.

I am soon becoming a reformed wood boater with the deck rebuild of our current boat, a 26 HT skiff.  The boat is much like a Lyman Cruisette.

The Boss and I have settled on a Tiara for our next boat.  So I joined the forum to scout out what models we like and what the workload is like.  I tend to do all my own maintenance and upkeep.  We are thinking a 27-29-31 could be in our future.  Just needs to move around the Boss, bossette, myself and the pooch.

Looking forward to learning what I can.

Best to All,

Duke
Like Post Reply

Welcome. I am in the second season with my 31 and for me and the Admiral it is fine. When teenage daughter comes along it can get a little tight but still manageable. We just did a week stopping at 3 different ports. One of those stops was on the hook and we didn't leave the boat for 2 1/2 days. that was tough, boat is really not large enough for too much of that. But as long as you are going to marinas when traveling the 31 is fine. The guy next to me has the 29 and he and is wife only do 1-2 night trips on it. He says anything longer than that would be tough. As for the quality of the boat, you cannot beat a Tiara for a production boat.
Like Post Reply
Welcome! I bought an older 36 Open this past spring. The wife and I just love the boat. As noted above, you can't beat the quality of a Tiara. The 36 is very comfortable for my wife, myself, son, and a dog. We just stayed local this year but are planning a week long trip to the Lake Erie Islands next year with my dock neighbor.

Ours is the plan A, but I hear very good things about those with the plan B layout.

Good luck with your search!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Convertible] Introduction Afarneti 4 654 08-10-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Misdirection
  [Tiara Sovran] New Member Introduction THE_DorothyHEllis 0 369 04-29-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: THE_DorothyHEllis
  Introduction Russel71 1 1,434 08-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Sans Peur
  Introduction ! gmucz 1 1,358 08-07-2021, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Sans Peur
  [Tiara Open] Introduction to the group SaKiawa 1 1,434 07-28-2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Capt. Paul