Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1999 Express 40 cockpit tables
My hydraulic system that operates the trunk and tables has died.  I need to manually lift the tables so that I can clean under and around the tables.  Can someone tell me how to disconnect the tables from the lift?
Like Post Reply

I would drop Tiara customer support a note. I think they have a service bulletin available for those tables. If they are like tables on the 5000 express the table base is a scissor lift attached to a jack screw assembly powered by a hydraulic motor. Not sure you can manually lift the tables without disconnecting the jack screw. And with the tables down I suspect it will not be easy to access. There should be service hatches accessible underneath but I think it would be difficult to work by feel.

I suspect your easiest path would to replace the hydraulic power unit. If you can find a name tag on the unit you may find a replacement pump out on the web. valves and solenoids should be reusable providing they all work. Otherwise Tiara may have a replacement in stock or tell you manufacturer information.

Good luck
Like Post Reply
I have a similar issue with the cockpit tables on my 96 4000E. But I was able to raise my tables to determine why the motors would not raise them. It took 2 guys to lift it manually and in my case the ACME nut and screw were no longer threaded together, the nut had spun off the end of the screw, released from the nut housing and is stripped so I am not able to reattach it to the screw or table nut housing.

So in my case since the nut was no longer attached and I was able to raise by lifting by hand.

I emailed Tiara and they only have the replacement parts for ACME Screw, they do not have a replace for the ACME nut which is the part that needs replacing for me. I have looked at Grainger and some other local machine shops and no luck finding a replacement. So I am not looking into re-tapping the threads in the nut. Finding a TAP and the ACME thread size has been the challenge. I just ordered a ACME screw pitch gauge....but at first glance the taps I will need to rethread look very $$ for a one time job.

Any ideas or experience with this repair on the tiara 4000E?

I am starting to think replacing the ACME screw config with a hydraulic cylinder might be a better way to go.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1996 Tiara 3500 Express Batteries JMGCINCY2023 0 199 03-02-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: JMGCINCY2023
  Cockpit Table dbruce222@gmail.com 7 4,168 02-29-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: dan@superstamper.com
  Number of batteries in 1998 3500 express Jpendejo 10 5,919 02-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: JMGCINCY2023
  [Tiara Convertible] 1999 43' Sportsfisherman - Microwave/Convection Oven alternative furiarte 0 305 08-15-2023, 06:27 PM
Last Post: furiarte
  New Refrigerator and Freezer 1994 4000 Express GeoDoc 11 3,812 05-22-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Jack Aperio