Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WATER IN BILDGE
i store the boat indoors for the winter, this year when i opened up all the hatches in my floor i noticed about 2 inches of water in the forward bildge, basically under the floor in my bedroom, there wasnt any last winter, i did have the marina wash the boat down and scrub the hull this year wich i did not have them do last year, it was out of the water when they did this, could that be where the water is coming from? going over there today to suck the water out with a shop vac, thats the only thing i did different from last year, does this make sense? also maybee the boat isnt level on the blocks its sitting on so maybee all the water is coming to the front of boat? thanks guys...
Like Post Reply

Mark

My 43 Open had closed bulkheads so water (or fuel) can't make it from the keel forward. Not sure about the 42 and it may be a good question for Tiara. If you have open bulkheads then yes if the boat is blocked with forward pitch then water would migrate under the salon or stateroom. If closed bulkhead possibilities include leaking / non working shower sump, AC condensate drains venting direct to bilge (these are usually plumbed into shower sump), leak in the fresh water system (including ice maker) or a drain line, leaking FW pump or compromised water tank. Maybe some other owners have suggestions but that's where I would start. good luck
Like Post Reply
thank you for giving me sum ideas, greatly appreciated...
Like Post Reply
I have a 41 Open and have experienced the same thing (the 42 is a massaged 41). I do not think the bulk heads are closed on the 41. Sometimes there is water forward, sometimes there isn't. I contributed it to many factors including fuel load, bow pitch in storage (boat sits flatter in storage than when in the water) and even the acceleration and braking of the tow when they trailer it to storage. I can't stand a dirty bilge so I'm down there with a shop vac too.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2018 38LS Black water tank location Scottbee 1 493 03-11-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Scottbee
  41 Open AC water pump vapor lock esf 3 548 08-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: esf
  1993 4300 open waste and water level indicators bpro 1 1,923 08-07-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: esf
  bildge pump honest mark 4 1,022 06-20-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: honest mark
  Hot Water Heater for Tiara 2700 stanfarbman 0 443 06-07-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: stanfarbman