Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No power to galley outlets of coffee maker
I have a new-to-me 2004 3600 Sovran.

I've noticed that there is no power to the galley outlets and coffee maker. I've verified the breaker is on, and everything else seems to have power.

As I'm new to the boat, I'm still learning how to diagnose all of these things. Is there something really obvious I should? I'd love some pointers on what to look for, where to look, and what I should be doing to try and track this down.

It's a steep learning curve so far and am loving it.

Thanks
Like Post Reply

On my 2003 38 Open I have 2 breakers under the steps associated with the galley and the coffee maker... One just for the galley outlets (one duplex outlet above the refrigerator & a 2nd duplex outlet under the far right galley cabinet). A second breaker located under the steps is just for the coffee maker... Not sure what your problem is but I had 2 breakers go bad quite a few years back which I changed (the lugs on the back of the breakers came out of the breakers).
Like Post Reply
At the risk of stating the obvious have you checked all the outlets in the circuit for a tripped GFI? Not unusual for all the outlets downstream to loose power if a GFI is tripped.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jclark003's post:
Sans Peur (10-30-2021)
Like Post Reply
I would second the idea of seeing if a GFI is tripped on another plug. We had this on our Sovran 3900. The tripped plug was in the theatre room. Once reset others in galley worked again. Hope this easy fix may work for you.
Like Post Reply
All in favor of GFI say I - LOL
Like Post Reply
Thank you all for your responses. I'm new to this all so still learning. I'll be checking for tripped GFIs first thing tomorrow!
Like Post Reply
If you email Tiara customer support with your hull number they will send you the wiring schematic if available. May help you trace down what is in the circuit. Good luck
Like Post Reply
I wanted to follow up with the solution in case it helps others in the future. It was a bad GFI.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and for pointing me in the right direction.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tantram's post:
Misdirection (11-07-2021), Sans Peur (11-08-2021)
Like Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 12:34 PM)Tantram Wrote: I wanted to follow up with the solution in case it helps others in the future. It was a bad GFI.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and for pointing me in the right direction.

Glad you have it sorted and thank you for following up. Cheers
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fridge and freezer isotherm combo only work with shore power or genset Toyoda 2 1,464 07-26-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Sapphire
  No power to dash Mydiamond 5 1,679 05-07-2023, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Mydiamond
  [Tiara Convertible] Light with No Power Question T.Roy 3 1,405 06-14-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Misdirection
  No shore power to one side of AC panel wcish 3 1,338 05-01-2022, 05:05 PM
Last Post: eric_nelson
  Power Availability Light MC1600 4 1,707 12-09-2021, 06:14 PM
Last Post: MC1600