Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AC PROBLEM
i have a 2003 4200 open, when i turn the ac on in the bedroom it cools the bedroom perfectly, however if i turn the ac on in the galley area AND in the bedroom at the same time  it doesnt blow as hard or as cool in the bedroom?? i did clean out the bottom vent in the bedroom which was quite dirty, is there a strainer or anything down in the engine room for the ac that needs to be cleaned?need a little help, thank you.
Like Post Reply

Hi,

Check to see if the blower unit has a filter installed on the return. Mine has small 'filter racks' on the returns of each blower unit, as these plug up the air flow gets cut down. Our's are cleanable filters that slide in and out with ease,

Ken
Like Post Reply
There will be a strainer somewhere as well. Will be between the thru-hull and pump. Not sure where they are on the Open, but mine is under a floor panel in my trunk.
Like Post Reply
Does it actually blow less volume or just not as cold?

If less volume if air it may be an electrical issue with both pulling power.

If it just not as cool air then check the Strainer (which you should be watching anyway) and see if it is restricted. If that is ok then see if both A/C's run off the same seawater pump. It may be getting weak and need a new impeller. Less water flow going through the compressor will effect the cooling ability of each.
Sans Peur 2003 Tiara 50 Open
Like Post Reply
i have to checkall this, thank you guys, i have to find the strainers first i think. also will look for filter, no clue where they may be, will do sum checking, thanks again.

(06-13-2022, 07:37 PM)MC1600 Wrote: There will be a strainer somewhere as well. Will be between the thru-hull and pump. Not sure where they are on the Open, but mine is under a floor panel in my trunk.

when you say TRUNK, where do you mean, like under the floor board between the steps down into the cabin and before the bathroom, i know there are parts of the floor that come up there?? not sure of where else the floorboards come off at? thanks.
Like Post Reply
I have an Express which has a giant lazarette with a hatch on the deck. I don’t think the Open has something like that. The first place I’d look is the engine room. Look everywhere. Surprised an Open owner hasn’t chimed in yet. If you don’t even know where it is, hard telling when it’s last been cleaned, and I’d bet that’s your issue. I clean mine at least once a month.
Like Post Reply
thank you, i agree, i gotta find that sea strainer for the air, thank you
Like Post Reply
Might want to look under the center/aft fish well as that is where my strainer is on a 2003 38 Open
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReelMagic's post:
MC1600 (06-18-2022)
Like Post Reply
thank you reel magic, i sure will...appreciate the help
Like Post Reply
I have had a 41 open and now my 50 open. Both had the A/C strainers and seacocks in the engine room. My 41 had them behind the starboard engine . My 50 has 3 of them 2 under the port engine and one under the starboard. Both boats had the strainers accessible. The seacocks are a little harder to get to but reachable.
Sans Peur 2003 Tiara 50 Open
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Toilet / head problem 1990 2700 peakay 4 1,625 08-11-2020, 12:55 PM
Last Post: peakay