Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar Arch wiring help needed - 88' 3300 Open
Good morning,
I have run out of room to run wires on the STBD side of my radar arch.  Looking from underneath in the engine bay, the hole between the arch and the hull is completely full and I need to run a few more sets through.  My other option is to run down the PORT side through the factory channel.  The wire goes in fine then hits a wall.  Looking at it from underneath, it appears they never drilled a hole in the hull for wiring from the arch on the PORT side.  When laying down on the exhaust system looking up, it's about 3' away and would be a tough job to drill that out.
Has anyone fought this battle before?  Would love some insider information before I tackle this one.
Thanks!
Like Post Reply

I haven't fought this battle yet, but I would like to relocate an antenna and have that wire come down the port side. My plan was to cut an access hole in the radar arch near its base (maybe a 4" access hole) and put an access cover on it, then drilling from the top down.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
Thanks Misdirection,
Someone made a 2" access hole on the STBD side and then hacked into the factory wire tube/conduit. It does help to see what is going on in there but there is no way I could drill a hole through the hull at that angle. A 4" hole may give you the right angle, not sure. I can get my wire to that hole but not down to the engine bay because that hole is smaller that the factory tube/conduit. I think I may have to put a bunch of drill bit extensions together and give the underside a shot first. if that doesn't work, then I might try your plan. I have fresh water temp sensors on my exhaust in that area and already snapped one off climbing around in my spacious engine bay. Don't want to do it again especially when they are not cheap and have to come from the UK ugh!
Like Post Reply
Finally got the wires through but it wasn't fun.  Drilled from the bottom up and thought I was good but I could never get the wire into the engine bay, still a hard stop.  After fish tape from the top down and the bottom up I gave up and used a 2" hole saw into the bottom of the arch.  Turns out I missed the tube by about an inch.  Went back down and drilled another hole from the bottom and perfect this time.  Ran my two sets of wires though and good to go.  Messy job and very sore but well worth it!  These 3300s don't give you much room to work on stuff down there.  Why wouldn't they drill them from the factory???
Oh well, good luck on your projects out there!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cp4000's post:
Misdirection (07-02-2023)
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery Charger issue 04' 32 open Coastie57 2 168 04-24-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Matta0413
  2005- 3600 Open Center Windshield Wiper Motor Cover Replacement Tminus3 1 300 03-30-2024, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Makoman
  2005 Tiara 2900 Open Classic shaft size wlizondro 1 469 03-18-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: HIGH SPIRTED
  [Tiara Open] VHF Cable Run 3800 Open twilson0929 0 163 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  [Tiara Open] 2018 43' open, trying to find make of windshield wipers that need replacing. charley's angel 3 245 02-21-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: ReelMagic