Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open 2010 32’ Open Scupper issue
Brought the boat for a long run to it’s home port and noticed the aft bilge kicking on, removed the fish box and realized that the port side scupper has a foam gasket that was not seated properly. Water was pouring in as sea water was backing up into the scupper well. Anyone have any experience with this issue and how to resolve? Seems like an odd configuration of a scupper below the waterline to have a foam gasket. Any help greatly appreciated. Apologize if I’m not explaining what I’m seeing properly. I reached out to Tiara and awaiting a response. 
Kevin 
2010 32’ Tiara “Open”
Like Post Reply

I have a 2006 32 with similar issue. Aft bilge pump running underway (never at rest or displacement speed). I never checked scuppers underway but others suggested a dripless seal issue. I just increased compression on the seals (they seemed low compression) and have not yet tested underway.

I will check for scupper issue you mentioned. Agree it is an unorthodox design. Interested to hear what Tiara says. Please update post with any info. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
(05-16-2022, 06:33 PM)MichFan Wrote: I have a 2006 32 with similar issue.   Aft bilge pump running underway (never at rest or displacement speed).   I never checked scuppers underway but others suggested a dripless seal issue.  I just increased compression on the seals (they seemed low compression) and have not yet tested underway.

I will check for scupper issue you mentioned.  Agree it is an unorthodox design.  Interested to hear what Tiara says.   Please update post with any info.  Good luck.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tiara got back to me and said that the foam is a aqua gasket that has been known to fail, their suggestion was to remove the gasket and fiberglass that joint. I’m going to try a temporary remedy until I can glass that in, will try and upload a picture for you.
Like Post Reply
scuppers or PSS or fiberglass muflers leaking or a raw water hose are my guests... Start the engine and increase RPM, go to the engine room and see if there are any leaks, this would rule out any bad hose, clamps and / or fiberglass mufflers... for scuppers or PSS, have someone take over the helm while you go onto the engine bay and look at PSS for spray.
Like Post Reply
(05-14-2022, 05:06 PM)Kevin Pro Wrote: Brought the boat for a long run to it’s home port and noticed the aft bilge kicking on, removed the fish box and realized that the port side scupper has a foam gasket that was not seated properly. Water was pouring in as sea water was backing up into the scupper well. Anyone have any experience with this issue and how to resolve? Seems like an odd configuration of a scupper below the waterline to have a foam gasket. Any help greatly appreciated. Apologize if I’m not explaining what I’m seeing properly. I reached out to Tiara and awaiting a response. 
Kevin 
2010 32’ Tiara “Open”

I have the same issue. Glassing won’t be easy. Really a poor design. So Tiara suggested ditching the foam and sealing w glass?

Btw do your scuppers have a cover on the waterline? Mine do not…
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery Charger issue 04' 32 open Coastie57 2 125 04-24-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Matta0413
  2005- 3600 Open Center Windshield Wiper Motor Cover Replacement Tminus3 1 296 03-30-2024, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Makoman
  2005 Tiara 2900 Open Classic shaft size wlizondro 1 459 03-18-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: HIGH SPIRTED
  [Tiara Open] VHF Cable Run 3800 Open twilson0929 0 154 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  [Tiara Open] 2018 43' open, trying to find make of windshield wipers that need replacing. charley's angel 3 237 02-21-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: ReelMagic