Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tiara Coronet Repalcement LED navigation light suggestion
#1
I have a '97 Tiara Coronet & my white navigation light has been giving me problems. I want to upgrade to an LED model, but can't find one that will fit this mount. I contacted Hella Marine but no luck.

Any suggestions?

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply

#2
What issues are you having with it? If the contacts are corroded causing flickering etc cleaning them with some emory cloth may help.

I ended up just replacing the bulbs and lenses in the similar Perko mast light on our 42. I believe I found the bulbs on superbrite led's website.

Max
Like Post Reply
#3
The first thing I tried was cleaning the contacts, which weren't bad to begin with. I can get a bulb in there & it will work (it's just one side that's giving me a problem), but once I put it back together the slightest jolt will cause it to go out. It seems like a waste to try & put an LED in there if there's a problem with the electrical connection.

I was just thinking that perhaps I have the wrong bulb in it as there are a lot of similar sizes with these festoon bulbs.

Thanks for the help.
Like Post Reply
#4
(05-17-2020, 12:21 AM)stugiv Wrote: The first thing I tried was cleaning the contacts, which weren't bad to begin with. I can get a bulb in there & it will work (it's just one side that's giving me a problem), but once I put it back together the slightest jolt will cause it to go out. It seems like a waste to try & put an LED in there if there's a problem with the electrical connection.

I was just thinking that perhaps I have the wrong bulb in it as there are a lot of similar sizes with these festoon bulbs.

Thanks for the help.

If it's a bulb with contacts on the bottom, try adding a drop of solder to the bulb base to enlarge the contacts.  Also make sure the contacts in the socket are clean and floating loose on the spring hidden below. A good dab of grease also helps keeping it from corroding.
Capt.  George
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 501 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  Navigation Lights Jarrod 2 1,508 04-03-2026, 08:25 PM
Last Post: cp4000
  [Tiara Sovran] Red/Green Navigation Lights Premium Pleasure 1 732 04-30-2025, 06:43 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  [Tiara Sovran] Replace bulb in 2004 Sovran Bow Nav Light? Don P 0 913 07-12-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Don P
  [Tiara Sovran] Front stateroom closet light not working. Is there a switch somewhere? Gbrooksct 4 3,579 07-08-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Pop Alexandra



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Repalcement LED navigation light suggestion00