Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Coronet Repalcement LED navigation light suggestion
I have a '97 Tiara Coronet & my white navigation light has been giving me problems. I want to upgrade to an LED model, but can't find one that will fit this mount. I contacted Hella Marine but no luck.

Any suggestions?

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply

What issues are you having with it? If the contacts are corroded causing flickering etc cleaning them with some emory cloth may help.

I ended up just replacing the bulbs and lenses in the similar Perko mast light on our 42. I believe I found the bulbs on superbrite led's website.

Max
Like Post Reply
The first thing I tried was cleaning the contacts, which weren't bad to begin with. I can get a bulb in there & it will work (it's just one side that's giving me a problem), but once I put it back together the slightest jolt will cause it to go out. It seems like a waste to try & put an LED in there if there's a problem with the electrical connection.

I was just thinking that perhaps I have the wrong bulb in it as there are a lot of similar sizes with these festoon bulbs.

Thanks for the help.
Like Post Reply
(05-17-2020, 12:21 AM)stugiv Wrote: The first thing I tried was cleaning the contacts, which weren't bad to begin with. I can get a bulb in there & it will work (it's just one side that's giving me a problem), but once I put it back together the slightest jolt will cause it to go out. It seems like a waste to try & put an LED in there if there's a problem with the electrical connection.

I was just thinking that perhaps I have the wrong bulb in it as there are a lot of similar sizes with these festoon bulbs.

Thanks for the help.

If it's a bulb with contacts on the bottom, try adding a drop of solder to the bulb base to enlarge the contacts.  Also make sure the contacts in the socket are clean and floating loose on the spring hidden below. A good dab of grease also helps keeping it from corroding.
Capt.  George
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Port light windows Sandy Bottom 7 237 05-25-2020, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Misdirection
  looking for light bulbs for the lights that in the steps to the cabin sluggo 6 696 10-27-2019, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bsause
  36 ' open 2006 the spot light finish is peeling. firstlight 3 959 07-31-2017, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jmk
  31 tiara mast light jeffnt 6 3,129 06-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Last Post: czarcone