Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tiara Open 2004 4200 Open Mid Bilge Water
#6
(10-29-2018, 09:36 PM)jclark003 Wrote: Don't know the 42 layout so not sure how much help I can provide. My batteries are center line above the keel bilges. The only fresh water source that could leak there would have to come from one of the water lines/fittings on the bulkhead, leaking down and running along the platform that he batteries sit on. You should be able to trace all the pressure lines as they are blue for cold and red for hot. Ice makers tend to leak but that should be obvious on the ceiling of the ER.

There's usually a shutoff on the hot water heater. You may want to close the valve and isolate part of the system so you know if you are chasing one side or the other.

I've herd of people putting dye in the dock side water using a water filter cartridge. That always seemed a little extreme to me but I guess as long as it is not permanent and you use food safe dyes and you flush like crazy afterwards may help.

Spent some more time in the engine compartment and finally heard a slight gurgle like noise when I pressurized the water system.  Cold water 90 degree elbow that is in the farthest corner wedged between the AC unit and the port side hull.  Not going to be easy to get to but I can see it actually coming out.  More than half the battle done.  I will claim a small victory for now and until I 100% remedy the issue.  Thanks.
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
2004 4200 Open Mid Bilge Water - by sangelo911 - 10-18-2018, 06:16 PM
RE: 2004 4200 Open Mid Bilge Water - by jclark003 - 10-18-2018, 08:48 PM
RE: 2004 4200 Open Mid Bilge Water - by jclark003 - 10-29-2018, 09:36 PM
RE: 2004 4200 Open Mid Bilge Water - by sangelo911 - 10-30-2018, 04:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 504 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  Replacement of Carbon Filter on vent line from Holding Tank. 38 Open ReelMagic 1 401 08-18-2026, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  2001 38’ Open interior table base removal twilson0929 3 787 07-07-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  1996 33Tiara open - shaft seal lubricant leaking Mydiamond 4 1,424 05-22-2026, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Mydiamond
  [Tiara Convertible] How do I repair a broken wash down/city water connection plate? Peave 4 1,555 05-12-2026, 10:18 AM
Last Post: hiccup



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

2004 4200 Open Mid Bilge Water00