Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
3100 Open w/8.1 Crusaders - Alternator Question
#1
My starboard side Alternator is not charging the house bank like it is supposed to. I took the alternator to a shop and had it tested and it tested fine. The batteries have just been replaced and I do not see any errors on the Charles Industries Regulator.I have checked all wiring and fuses, tested with ohm meter. All fine. Any suggestions? I am thinking about just replacing the entire Charles Inds system and putting regular marine 100amp alternators with built in regulators on the boat. Simplify everything. I never drain the batteries. Never on the hook over night always have access to shore power. Do I really need the fancy charging system?
Like Post Reply

  


Messages In This Thread
3100 Open w/8.1 Crusaders - Alternator Question - by Matta0413 - 07-09-2019, 08:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Pre start for 2000 31 open b_glacken@yahoo.com 1 1,279 03-27-2026, 08:07 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  [Tiara Open] Kicker install on 1990 31 open remodel4@comcast.net 4 5,720 11-12-2025, 09:32 AM
Last Post: fkrabach
  [Tiara Open] Tiara open 3000 - 2007 maxcav 2 1,479 05-25-2025, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Roweje
  Trailering a 32 open douellette48 3 2,795 02-07-2025, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Hifirush
  [Tiara Open] Repower an '84 3100 open with V6 or V8 diesels SaKiawa 7 7,019 12-02-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Hooper



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

3100 Open w/8.1 Crusaders - Alternator Question00