09-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Thanks Chris. My charger is in a cabinet in the galley under the stove top.
This must be a first generation smart charger, it does not have dip switches. The model is for gel batteries. I'm looking at newer models to replace the my gel charger.
My Charles voltage regulators connected to Balmar alternators do have dip switches and they are set for AGM batteries. No problems charging the batteries when the motor is running.
Today I left all the interior lights on for 90 minutes and the house batteries showed 12.5 volts at the volt meter on the panel. I expected the battery charger to have started a bulk charge at this point.
This must be a first generation smart charger, it does not have dip switches. The model is for gel batteries. I'm looking at newer models to replace the my gel charger.
My Charles voltage regulators connected to Balmar alternators do have dip switches and they are set for AGM batteries. No problems charging the batteries when the motor is running.
Today I left all the interior lights on for 90 minutes and the house batteries showed 12.5 volts at the volt meter on the panel. I expected the battery charger to have started a bulk charge at this point.


![[-]](https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/images/netpen-pro/collapse.png)