Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Westerbeke on a 3200 Open
#1
I have a 2006 3200 Open, I love it and it is a terrific boat in many ways.


I purchased it in 2014 with only 270 hours of use and the Westerbeke (gasoline), generator had only 50 hours total time on it.
My problem is, the generator starts but won't continue to run unless I hold the "run" switch in the energized position.
I have had three different mechanics work on it. Filters changed, new carburetor, new fuel line supply hose and check valve and so on.

I am a hands on person and always follow wiring diagrams and troublshooting charts however, access to this little bugger is near impossible.
Impeller, oil filter, belts and over temp switches are all on the aft side and even after removing the main engine exhaust ducts I still have to work by feel.
Access aside does anyone have any insight as to why this thing won't stay running, (again, I've gone through the trouble shooting steps in the manual.)
Calling Westerbeke was of no help as they refereed me to my nearest marina mechanic.
Hope someone can offer advice.

Walker
Like Post Reply

  


Messages In This Thread
Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Walker - 06-08-2016, 07:04 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by trit21 - 06-08-2016, 07:36 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Walker - 06-08-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Silver Rush - 06-08-2016, 11:55 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Walker - 06-08-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Silver Rush - 06-09-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Uhehner - 06-09-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by bpy - 06-09-2016, 10:47 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Uhehner - 06-09-2016, 11:45 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Walker - 06-28-2016, 05:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Unknown noise from Tiara 3800 Open engine room Tony Saitta 2 141 10-05-2026, 11:57 AM
Last Post: ReelMagic
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 521 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  Replacement of Carbon Filter on vent line from Holding Tank. 38 Open ReelMagic 1 405 08-18-2026, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  2001 38’ Open interior table base removal twilson0929 3 804 07-07-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  1996 33Tiara open - shaft seal lubricant leaking Mydiamond 4 1,439 05-22-2026, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Mydiamond



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Westerbeke on a 3200 Open00