Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Westerbeke on a 3200 Open
#3
(06-08-2016, 07:36 AM)trit21 Wrote: Basically the run switch by passes the sensors until it is running. Sensor are water temp switch, exhaust temp switch and the oil pressure switch. Try by passing each of these one at a time. If you bypass one of them and it cures the problem, then the problem is either that particular switch or what it is detecting, exhaust, water or oil. 

Do you have the owners manual? There is a simple to follow troubleshooting guide which MAY help in this case. But above is a good start. I have a diesel generator so I am assuming gasoline has the same switches BTW. 

Just re-read that you do have the manual, I apologize for that. 

(06-08-2016, 10:06 AM)Walker Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 07:36 AM)trit21 Wrote: Basically the run switch by passes the sensors until it is running. Sensor are water temp switch, exhaust temp switch and the oil pressure switch. Try by passing each of these one at a time. If you bypass one of them and it cures the problem, then the problem is either that particular switch or what it is detecting, exhaust, water or oil. 

Do you have the owners manual? There is a simple to follow troubleshooting guide which MAY help in this case. But above is a good start. I have a diesel generator so I am assuming gasoline has the same switches BTW. 

Just re-read that you do have the manual, I apologize for that. 

Tom,
Thank you for the reply. I know about the sensors but I did not know that they are bypassed when I toggle the "run" switch - that is good info.
Do you have any tips regarding access? I can't even find these sensors with a mirror let alone remove and replace them.
I wish I had an access panel cut into my step up into the cockpit where I could then easily gain access to the aft side of the generator.
Thanks again.
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Walker - 06-08-2016, 07:04 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by trit21 - 06-08-2016, 07:36 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Walker - 06-08-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Silver Rush - 06-08-2016, 11:55 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Walker - 06-08-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Silver Rush - 06-09-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Uhehner - 06-09-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by bpy - 06-09-2016, 10:47 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Uhehner - 06-09-2016, 11:45 AM
RE: Westerbeke on a 3200 Open - by Walker - 06-28-2016, 05:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Unknown noise from Tiara 3800 Open engine room Tony Saitta 2 173 10-05-2026, 11:57 AM
Last Post: ReelMagic
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 527 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  Replacement of Carbon Filter on vent line from Holding Tank. 38 Open ReelMagic 1 412 08-18-2026, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  2001 38’ Open interior table base removal twilson0929 3 809 07-07-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  1996 33Tiara open - shaft seal lubricant leaking Mydiamond 4 1,441 05-22-2026, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Mydiamond



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Westerbeke on a 3200 Open00