Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PortHoles
My portholes are leaking!!! Any suggestions about how to remedy this problem? Thanks,
Like Post Reply

We may need a little more information to help you. What boat, how old, shape of the portlights?
Like Post Reply
Just got a 1985 2700...I have the same issue, but mine are all messed up...let me know how yours goes. I'll post some photos next week as it is getting the bottom repainted right now. Once I get it back, I'll take photos of mine and we should compare notes.
Like Post Reply
I have a 1995 3100 Open and all 4 are leaking. I think it is the black rubber seal. The 2 turn locks are tight and press the window firm but, when water hits them for a bit I get lots of water running down the inside. Change the seal or the entire window? Thanks
Like Post Reply
My last vessel was a 270 sport boat . Upon dissassembling the port holes The sealing caulk was not in proper . reseal and you will be happy .
[-] The following 1 user Likes momentum's post:
jmk (05-06-2016)
Like Post Reply
Have a 84 3100 Convertible. Does any one know where to get the rubber seal for the porthole windows? It appears to be 1/2" square with rounded corners. Haven't been able to find a source.
Like Post Reply
Make sure that you see how to adjust the pressure on the levers. It's not the metal screw that the lever pivots on, but a black screw recessed in the lever arm about half way out the lever.
CrackerJack
Dana Pt. CA
Like Post Reply
Mine used to leak. 2 things helped.

I "lube" the black gasket with vaseline every year. I never open the portholes so the grease in there seems to help seal them better. The other thing is check the seam on the outside between the inner and outer halves. The caulking tends to peel away from the stainless after time. If you see this, pull all the caulk you can and re-silicone.

Mark - Reely Nauti
Like Post Reply
If there is black rubber on your portholes because the heat has melted the gasket on to the porthole window you need to clean the rubber off the window. If you see that the rubber gasket has micro cracks and look as if it is deteriorating you can put some black silicone over the gasket, smooth it on and let dry for 24 hours before closing. Ultimately a new porthole is the best repair for a gasket that has seen better days.
Dennis V
Like Post Reply
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] sells the parts for the oval portlights.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  portholes dduca@comcast.net 4 1,640 05-20-2021, 10:27 AM
Last Post: tim11.tjb
  portholes Herb1950 2 2,568 06-01-2015, 08:26 AM
Last Post: kurts52