Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Structure Suggestions?

It was suggested in another thread that we improve the organizational structure of the site and we would like your suggestions. By forum layout I mean : Specific forums for specific models, maybe grouped by size or year range? Not just that but separate forums for engine issues, electronics, electrical, and so on.</p>Do you guys have any thoughts on how to best lay things out OR do you think it's fine the way it is?
-------------------------
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply

I think the main issue here is lack of traffic, and the fact that many posts simply go w/o response. I think splitting it into multiple forums for models and such will only make this issue worse (maybe as bad as the Boat US brand model forums). If there was lots of traffic and posts, maybe, but as it is I wouldn't split it. Not to mention that many issues (say my currrent windshield leak, etc) apply the same to models of all sizes...

Also the interface if clogged, the advertising too much in your face, which makes me not even open this at work most of the time... As opposed to say the Cruisers Yachts Owners Club with a very clean interface and discrete advertising. Not to mention that, if I recall, they had a good presence from factory reps.
Like Post Reply
I just joined as I am in the process of buying a Tiara if it all works out. I think the forum is ok as there is a search function and you can search for different topics. I would just recommend that when you post you put the type boat, length, engines, and so on. That way others can find what they are looking for and get answers.

I came from the Meridian Forum and there is a lot of traffic on that one and a lot of data. Not sure how long this has been going as I just found it yesterday but as people start finding it hopefully the traffic will pick up and it will be helpful for all.

Like Post Reply
I think you can a couple of forum like disses, gas , generator, and maybe split some up for different sizes? Maybe ,maybe not. I also think the overall design is confusing, colors don't work and just looking at the main page when logging in you really have to concentrate and search for the forums. Maybe even have separate forums for northeast, northwest southeast and southwest so it is easier for us to find cruising with fellow tiara friends. Might make it easier to host some local rendezvous once more traffic is achieved.

Colors really need to change though.
Like Post Reply
Thanks for all of your comments. Keep em' comin'!

After we here from some more members we'll make some changes. We'll do what we can to address everyone's issues and concerns.
Like Post Reply
I agree with the comments about the basic layout of the site being an issue, more than the forum structure. It is a very "busy" layout, with so much advertising, whether boating related or not. For example, after being away from the site for a while, it was difficult to remember how to even log on. Maybe because there's an actual Tiara sponsored site - which is not doing very well, either, I might add - but this site somehow just doesn't feel like a Tiara site. Does that even make sense?
Like Post Reply
It does make sense, Jeff. That's why I am soliciting input from the members. This site has the potential to be a tremendous resource for Tiara owners but if know one likes, it it will die.

The ads: This site is offered as a FREE resource for Tiara owners and is supported by advertising (which at this point doesn't cover the expenses). There are many models one can choose when starting a site like this. A donation based site, an ad and donation site, an ad site only, etc. The cruisers forum ask for your money to help support it. THT has gobs of ads everywhere PLUS wants your money, and so on, and so on.

This site actually has less ads than many of the sites that are out there that don't rely on donations to survive.

The intention here is to be an "Owner to Owner" exchange of ideas, and helping each other, with out the influences/possible censorship of the mothership.

Again, please keep your comments coming. Together we can make this a great resource.
Like Post Reply
Just out of curiousity.....any insight as to why Brian and/or other Tiara reps have been absent for several months?
Like Post Reply
I really don't know. I did receive an email recently from a Tiara marketing guy. He really liked the site.
Like Post Reply
Any updates on the site structure? Haven't heard anything or seen any real changes in months.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Site Update 10/9/2017 YOLO 1 1,447 10-13-2017, 07:23 AM
Last Post: YOLO
  Site Restructuring YOLO 0 948 03-26-2017, 09:30 AM
  Recent Site Downtime 1/19/2016 YOLO 2 1,349 01-31-2016, 11:06 AM
  New Site! YOLO 1 1,454 11-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Uhehner
  Site Updates YOLO 6 3,663 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM