Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New owner... Hopefully
Hi All, awesome site! Made an offer on a 98 2900 Coronet with a survey scheduled this Wed. So hopefully I will be a proud Tiara owner soon. It will be used on Lake Erie out of the Mentor OH area for casual fishing/day trips and just hanging out. I'm looking forward too all of the great knowledge on this site. Thanks!
Like Post Reply

Good luck with your purchase and welcome!
Like Post Reply
Thanks Freedoms, survey was going great, cleanest 98 coronet he's ever seen.. Was very impressed with the way she ran.... Then... Yep, found some moisture on both gunnels starting at the canvas hardware running towards the bow for about 3 ft each side. Not soft at all... Just the meter was redlining and in the red. You would think the previous owner would have really took the time to mount the canvas hardware correctly but that's why we survey right! Meeting the owner and a gel guy this Tuesday for an estimate. We'll see... Anyone have any advice as to what to do now as fas as this vessel goes?
Like Post Reply
People still drill holes in fiberglass boats without caulking the hole. I see it all the time. What are they thinking? Just give me the money and I'm out of here. You should see what happens when they drill below the waterline to mount a transducer.   Capt. George
Like Post Reply
Well it's a done deal. I pick it up this tues. He adjusted the price according to the repair quote. The highest reading the gel guy got was 18 at one small spot with the rest around 12-15. The surveyors meter was in the red at a few places on the gunwales so who knows. The gel guy also said he wouldn't repair with readings of 15-18, just button it up and go if he was buying it. Anyway... All mine now!
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Sovran] New Member and 3500 Owner in Stuart Fl LastDance 0 72 04-25-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: LastDance
  Owner to be fkrabach 0 293 03-25-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: fkrabach
  New Owner - 2004 4200 Open jgordon 5 964 03-19-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: jgordon
  New Owner Four Winds V 2 393 01-04-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Hifirush
  New 3300 open owner from B.C. with young kids vancouveralanna 6 2,417 01-02-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: cp4000