Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar arch wiring
I have a '96 31 Open. This weekend I installed a new radome but was not able to complete the wiring. I would like to run power to the antenna from my DC panel and the data cable from the antenna to the display mounted in the console but I am unsure on how to route the cabling. Obviously I need to run down through the arch but from there I am unsure. Does this wiring drop into the engine compartment and if so where? I have had the starboard side access plates removed and find wiring from the arch to be quite difficult. Any insight would be appreciated.
Like Post Reply

On my 98 31 Open, there is a raceway across the starboard exterior bulkhead from the radar arch across (parallel) the helm seat to the starboard side of the power panel back side.  Its easily accessed by removing the dual recessed cup holder next to the helm.  The access portal below the arch only get you to the one side of the raceway / arch joint.  Tiara left a pull cord in the arch and raceway in my boat.

Hope this helps.
Like Post Reply
Last Spring I had the arch on my '95 31 Open removed for refinishing.  The configuration is the same as Dakota773 describes, but the weak link turned out to be the small holes drilled in the top of the gunwale where arch is attached.  There was no way some cables/wiring would pass each other without careful distribution and/or removing & reinstalling connectors after routing.  Good luck.
Like Post Reply
I had to replace both the radar cable and the am/fm antenna cable.  I attached a strong nylon cord to the cable in the arch, pulled it through to the console, attached the new cable and fed it back through to the arch.  You can feed it either way, your preference.  My boat has 2 access hatches and the 2 cup recessed holder which helped.  it is sort of a pain (it's a boat!) but you can do it.  The connectors were left installed but they fed through alright.
Like Post Reply
(11-21-2016, 03:37 PM)czarcone Wrote: Last Spring I had the arch on my '95 31 Open removed for refinishing.  The configuration is the same as Dakota773 describes, but the weak link turned out to be the small holes drilled in the top of the gunwale where arch is attached.  There was no way some cables/wiring would pass each other without careful distribution and/or removing & reinstalling connectors after routing.  Good luck.

How did the re-finish job turn out? Can you give me an idea on cost? Would love to have mine re-finished.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Access to cockpit wiring (1988 3300 open) cp4000 2 1,529 01-02-2022, 02:05 PM
Last Post: cp4000
  [Tiara Open] 3100 Wiring Diagrams ttravers 8 5,059 06-19-2020, 01:38 AM
Last Post: outsellem
  [Tiara Open] 1996 3300 Open bilge float switch wiring hunter1897 3 2,307 03-10-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  Helm wiring to engine hold HBTiara 1 1,693 08-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Sans Peur
  [Tiara Open] Wiring Diagrams czarcone 0 1,417 07-28-2019, 08:40 PM
Last Post: czarcone