Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tiara Owner
The time has finally come to upgrade. When we started thinking about it a few years ago we agreed on a Tiara. It gave my wife all of the amenities and was still a very fishable platform. And of course the quality is top of the line for a production boat. So we just made the move and bought a 2002, 3100 open with 8.1 Crusaders. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, drove it home on Wednesday last week and it is already wrapped and put away. Can't wait for spring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matta0413's post:
GMULOCK (12-15-2016)
Like Post Reply

Congratulations on you recent purchase.. Great choice... I owned a 1997 31 Open for 10 years and traveled extensively from Long Island to Canada, to Chesapeake Bay and east as far as Gloucester MA. Also went to Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, etc many, many times.... Great boat.... You will love it... See you boat on Long Island Sound... east or west end???....We're homeported mid sound, Smithtown.. Now own a 38 Open... Also a great boat 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReelMagic's post:
GMULOCK (12-27-2016)
Like Post Reply
(12-02-2016, 05:25 PM)ReelMagic Wrote: Congratulations on you recent purchase.. Great choice... I owned a 1997 31 Open for 10 years and traveled extensively from Long Island to Canada, to Chesapeake Bay and east as far as Gloucester MA. Also went to Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, etc many, many times.... Great boat.... You will love it... See you boat on Long Island Sound... east or west end???....We're homeported mid sound, Smithtown.. Now own a 38 Open... Also a great boat 

Thanks we are very excited.  We too are mid-sound on the CT side.  We are in Branford.  We are already planning our summer trips.  Mystic, Block Island, Greenport, Montauk, etc..  And gonna throw in a few shark fishing trips.  I bet the 38 is great.
Like Post Reply
(12-27-2016, 09:48 AM)Matta0413 Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 05:25 PM)ReelMagic Wrote: Congratulations on you recent purchase.. Great choice... I owned a 1997 31 Open for 10 years and traveled extensively from Long Island to Canada, to Chesapeake Bay and east as far as Gloucester MA. Also went to Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, etc many, many times.... Great boat.... You will love it... See you boat on Long Island Sound... east or west end???....We're homeported mid sound, Smithtown.. Now own a 38 Open... Also a great boat 

Thanks we are very excited.  We too are mid-sound on the CT side.  We are in Branford.  We are already planning our summer trips.  Mystic, Block Island, Greenport, Montauk, etc..  And gonna throw in a few shark fishing trips.  I bet the 38 is great.

If you need any recommendations for marina's let me know.... We've been to the places you are planning to go many times.. Great choices..... BTW we go to Branford and stay at Brewers Bruce and Johnson.... Nice place for a short weekend and the restaurant is great.......
Like Post Reply
(12-27-2016, 09:35 PM)ReelMagic Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 09:48 AM)Matta0413 Wrote:

If you need any recommendations for marina's let me know.... We've been to the places you are planning to go many times.. Great choices..... BTW we go to Branford and stay at Brewers Bruce and Johnson.... Nice place for a short weekend and the restaurant is great.......

Yes, dockside is a pretty good place.  If you ever leave the marina and want any recommendations let me know.  A short dingy ride up the creek on the east side of the marina will get you to 3 more decent restaurants.  Need to play the tide for that though. 2 hours either side of low tide it is a little tricky.  Dingy ride up the Branford river will get you to the new brewery and to Nellie Greens.  Also good places.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Sovran] New Member and 3500 Owner in Stuart Fl LastDance 0 71 04-25-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: LastDance
  Owner to be fkrabach 0 293 03-25-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: fkrabach
  New Owner - 2004 4200 Open jgordon 5 963 03-19-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: jgordon
  [Tiara Sovran] Tiara Sovran esazia@aol.com 1 186 03-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  2005 Tiara 36 Open Rick B 2 351 02-01-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: hiccup