Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement Scuppers
Hello all,

I had a few cracks in my scuppers so I have removed them. I need to replace them in the spring. The price quote I received from Tiara was over $400 per scupper for all 3 pieces. Are there any after market scuppers available? I would like to use the Tiara replacements but $800+ for two scuppers seems crazy.
Like Post Reply

do you have a photo you can share?
Tom
Like Post Reply
(12-13-2017, 02:08 PM)Matta0413 Wrote: Hello all,

I had a few cracks in my scuppers so I have removed them.  I need to replace them in the spring.  The price quote I received from Tiara was over $400 per scupper for all 3 pieces.  Are there any after market scuppers available?  I would like to use the Tiara replacements but $800+ for two scuppers seems crazy.

I am looking for a replacement also, for a 2005 36 Open. Pic attached
Like Post Reply
Two attachments.  One is what the scupper looks like from the outside with the flapper.  The other is the two pieces (Inner and outer) as it would look going through the hull.

Thumbnail(s)

Like Post Reply
(01-02-2018, 03:10 PM)Matta0413 Wrote: Two attachments.  One is what the scupper looks like from the outside with the flapper.  The other is the two pieces (Inner and outer) as it would look going through the hull.

Mine had cracks and we're falling apart too. I used 610 thickened epoxy to repair them, brushed on gel coat,sanded and buffed them. Look like you might be able to do the same.

How is the core on the transom? Any moisture? Now's you're opportunity to clean out the core and seal them as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vdimenna's post:
YOLO (01-04-2018)
Like Post Reply
Thanks for the response. The other one I really had to wreck to get out so I am gonna have no choice but to buy new ones. The cores is dry as a bone. That is why I took them out just to check that. How did you seal the core?
Like Post Reply
(01-03-2018, 12:17 PM)Matta0413 Wrote: Thanks for the response.  The other one I really had to wreck to get out so I  am gonna have no choice but to buy new ones.  The cores is dry as a bone.  That is why I took them out just to check that.  How did you seal the core?

I used a dremel tool with a wheel on it to grind the balsa out about 1/2 inch or so and filled it in with thickened epoxy (west 610). I also did the same with the thru hulls.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vdimenna's post:
YOLO (01-04-2018)
Like Post Reply
(01-02-2018, 03:10 PM)Matta0413 Wrote: Two attachments.  One is what the scupper looks like from the outside with the flapper.  The other is the two pieces (Inner and outer) as it would look going through the hull.

Is that a 41 Open? I have the same ones. I would like to replace mine also. Did Tiara say they make them or subbed it out? I will check with a friend and see what He can find out. Also if you find something Lear me know please. Would they just sell you pieces, or did they want to sell you all the parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
41 Tiara Open
Like Post Reply
It's a 31 open but from the looks of other Tiaras at my club they all look the same. There are three different part numbers. This is what they sent me back in 2016 when I was inquiring.

Scupper box 5349570 Aft flange is in stock cost is $200.96each
Scupper box 5349560 Forward flange is in stock cost is $196.00each
Rubber flapper is 56421910 in stock cost is $12.48each.

I did find one place that makes them. I think I am going to give them a try. They are $520 for both Port and Starboard . There website is [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Here is the link to the scuppers.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matta0413's post:
YOLO (01-05-2018)
Like Post Reply
(01-04-2018, 09:45 AM)bruce33 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Raymarine 215 VHF Replacement Matta0413 3 1,415 05-30-2018, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  Waste Holding tank replacement danllovi 4 2,890 05-14-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: danllovi