Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pronautic 60amp charger
my charles charger fried at the end of last season, i got a new charger, i am also replacing all 8 batteries, do you think i should get all 8 batteries the same? i know there are starting batteries and house batteries but i was told to get all 8 batteries the same?? was thinking about 1000cca ?? the batteries that were in the boat were 800cca, also i work at a car dealership, can i use car batteries??/ can get a nice discount?? didnt know if that can work??  thank you in advance
Like Post Reply

I would recommend you keep all the batteries the same and match the charging profile on your charger and regulators to battery type. 1000 CCA start batteries should be fine if you are replacing 800's. Stay away from deep cycle. i wouldn't hesitate to use regular off the shelf car batteries.
Like Post Reply
I would stay with the same type of batteries that are currently installed. That is if they are AMG I would go with AMG batteries and if they are GEL batteries I would stay with GEL's. The battery charger (original) and alternator regulators are set for type of battery being charged. Each type have a different charging profile. Car batteries are not generally GEL or AMG type and have a different charging profile. M2C
Like Post Reply
MAYBE A DUMB QUESTION???, i also have a charles regulator that seems to be fine, the green light is on? do i need to replace that now that i got a new pronautic 60 amp charger?? is it compatible?? you have proably guessed, i am no electrician, lol, thanks guys
Like Post Reply
The regulators are to control the alternators on the engines. They have nothing to do with the new battery charger.
Like Post Reply
I recommend Lifeline AGM they lasted 8 yrs in my 4000 Express. You can call Lifeline they have amazing support. They told me if the batteries are on the same charger it will turn you new battery into the old battery performance wise. I think this is only for batteries tied together.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery charger Location-1994 31 open Rt31 2 700 05-30-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Rt31
  2001 3500 open 6BTA Charger replacement recommendations Crown Royal 0 516 05-24-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Crown Royal
  [Tiara Open] Battery charger Beachboy 8 2,882 02-24-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: wow
  Victron Energy Centaur Battery Charger Not Working Euphoria38 1 1,580 12-26-2022, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Sapphire
  [Tiara Coronet] 2900 Coronet Charger Replacement rjvorhees@gmail.com 2 872 09-22-2022, 10:32 PM
Last Post: rjvorhees@gmail.com