Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1989 2700 Open Head Drain Discharge Question
Newbie to this forum.  Big Grin  

Where does the head floor drain discharge to on a 1989 2700 Open?

Mine is not draining.

I thought it drained directly to the outside but it does not appear to as (thinking the drain was plugged) I used a plunger with no positive result......the water still does not drain in the head compartment.

Is it to discharge to the black water drain?  Is there a valve that may have been closed?

TIA!!!

Jim
Like Post Reply

I'm not familiar with your specific boat, but in general, the floor drain in the head goes to a sump that has a pump in it that will pump overboard. There should be a switch in the head somewhere to turn it on and off.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
Yes there is a pump switch but it is not pumping anything overboard and the drain remains full of water.

Sounds like it may be a defective pump or an inline valve is closed.

What do you folks think?
Like Post Reply
On my 2000 41 Open it drains to the shower/sink sump and is dis charged to the larger sump in the engine room. Try running a long piece of cable through the line and see if you can feel anything.
Like Post Reply
My 29 Open shower drain discharges into a sump which has a bilge pump under my stairs going into cabin. Theres the battery switches then underneath a small hatch. I would check the bilge pump and see if its functioning. 

Good luck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sallypops's post:
Misdirection (06-03-2019)
Like Post Reply
Thanks all. Floor drain discharge pump runs but still no discharge. Hmmmm...........
Like Post Reply
You could have a bad or broken impeller on that pump. Motor spins but isn't turning the impeller.

I bought a boat one time and one of the bilge pumps was like that. Had to replace it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
Those little Rule pumps are not the best. They will spin off the plastic impeller and just run without doing anything. If it is running and not pumping it will not shut off because the float switch will never go down. It will kill your battery if it keeps running.
Do you hear it running constantly?
Like Post Reply
(05-31-2019, 08:35 PM)osudaddy Wrote: Newbie to this forum.  Big Grin  

Where does the head floor drain discharge to on a 1989 2700 Open?

Mine is not draining.

I thought it drained directly to the outside but it does not appear to as (thinking the drain was plugged) I used a plunger with no positive result......the water still does not drain in the head compartment.

Is it to discharge to the black water drain?  Is there a valve that may have been closed?

TIA!!!

Jim

If the drain doesn’t go overboard it will go to a so-called shower sump box. The box is likely to be connected also to the AC drains. The box has an automatic pump inside. As soon as the water reaches the high level the pump will kick in and drain the box overboard.

One thing though, the water coming from the shower(s) drain(s) will enter the box through a filter. The filter is usually a piece of perforated plastic pipe. It just sits between the box sides. Water enters on one side and is filtered before flowing into the sump. Hair (especially of the long usually female variety) will eventually clog that filter. Resulting in water not draining into the box.

Open the top cover and locate the filter. Remove filter and clean. Put back and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] cabiin leak 35 open themays44@yahoo.com 5 440 09-13-2019, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ken Grabowski
  [Tiara Open] 1994 Tiara 3100 Open with Crusaders Duke 2 109 09-13-2019, 08:23 AM
Last Post: ardoski14
  Replacement courtesy lights for 2004/38 open Capt Paul 4 113 09-07-2019, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Fuzzdr
  [Tiara Open] 3800 Open (‘01) - Actuators for Engine Room Access RobRay 2 112 09-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Last Post: RobRay
  Surveying a 2003 35 Open RobS 14 4,187 08-19-2019, 04:20 PM
Last Post: sbw1