Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open 2005 32 hardtop projects
purchased her last year, 
while winterizing last month, I discovered Rupp outrigger bases were installed improperly allowing water infiltration and some core damage. waiting for fiberglass repair estimate.
Whomever installed the outrigger bases ( vessel was always maintained in marinas) used non-compatable wedge that allowed water to pass through outrigger base clamp opening and into hardtop.
I have solved that dilemma though, with proper wedge and filling gap with Lexan and a little silicon caulking  
My reason for the post!!
I find hardtop rod holders are not usable. I am in the process of designing a custom unit.,possibly from Birdsall in Fla. 
Has anyone purchased rod holders to be mounted on the hardtop?
What challenges did you face getting access to bolt on instead of screws
Like Post Reply

I bought a 32 open a few years ago that had extensive hardtop damage from water infiltration. The guy that repaired it said that tiara did not do a proper good with the coring which allowed any water that did get in to flow into large areas of the hardtop. So after repairing it I used the bolts that go through the top and the radar arch to fasten the rocket launcher by welding nuts onto the heads of those bolts and then bolting through the rocket launcher brackets into the welded nuts. The whole reason was I wanted to be able to remove the rocket launcher annually for transport. Also I made a custom radar base which is two plates that bolt together one of which stays bolted onto the top thereby allowing easy removal without breaking the seal with the top.
Like Post Reply
Tiara hardtop does create a challenge. My radar mounting is adequate. My plan is to utilize arch as well as bolt through application accessing hardtop lights. Removing the rocket launcher for winter transport is a criteria, as I will require unbolting from stanchion bases.
Is your tiara Blue, i believe I saw a 32 Blue with reel time name about year and half ago.
Like Post Reply
Yes it is blue, good luck on your project.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Factory Tiara Classic Hardtop jmk 31 31,864 12-15-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Craig Dunlop
  4000 Express hardtop dan@superstamper.com 1 1,142 05-16-2022, 10:50 AM
Last Post: August Rush
  2005 Tiara 3800 stereo / amp wiring access Hemlock_SF 0 719 04-16-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Hemlock_SF
  2005 Tiara 3800 bait tank install Hemlock_SF 3 1,398 03-30-2022, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Hemlock_SF
  Hardtop rocket launcher Kevin Pro 4 2,020 02-18-2022, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Flatliner