Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinghy Ramp HD
I am looking at purchasing a hard bottom Brig F300 dinghy for my Tiara Sovran 43. Is that a good fit at 9' 10" and 143 lbs plus a 9hp Merc for my boat. Also, I am leaning toward a Dinghy Ramp HD with rollers. Should I go the XL version? Concerned that I will have room to get to my trunk. Also, I heard a Brig has strakes that interfere with the rollers in loading. Should I buy a AB or Avon that does not have strakes?
Like Post Reply

See below thread:

I went with the XL as I liked the longer arms with rollers as I thought it would be easier to retrieve the tender since the arms get closer to the water...

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
May I ask what brand of Dinghy you went with and size?
Like Post Reply
I have the AB 9VL with a 9.9 2 stroke outboard. My boat neighbor originally bought the same setup for his similar sized zodiac (310 I believe) as well as the Walker Bay Genesis 310 that he replaced it with.
Like Post Reply
I kept the davits when I sold the boat last month thinking I may reuse them on the next boat. However the more I'm thinking about it, I may make a hydraulic platform or similar a must have on the next boat and would sell the arms that I have in my garage. If its something that you'd be interested in let me know and I will talk to my wife to ensure she's totally on board with my (clearly sensible) thought process.
Like Post Reply
Also, when you mount these davit blocks, I would suggest drilling larger holes the first day, cover the holes with tape from the inside, fill them with epoxy (I believe I used West Six-10) and let sit over night. Once the epoxy is cured you will then drill your bolt holes through the epoxy thus never exposing the core to moisture. I believe that we used 5" SS bolts that I found to be competitive from Fastenal.
Like Post Reply
I have a 1999 3500 Express and plan to mount Nautley davits. I have the extended swim platform. Does anyone know if it is cored? If so, I will over drill and epoxy as noted and use togglers. Are lag bolts even an option, I would think not? Any advice would be welcome.
Like Post Reply
If you have the ability to back plate it that is the route that I would go. You may have to cut access ports in the bottom then seal them with a water tight deck plate on the bottom. Something similar to this: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
If you haven't purchased the arms yet, I would sell the the XL roll on arms that we took off of our Sovran. You would then just have to purchase the blocks from Nautley which would cost $360 for the blocks. Feel free to send me a note if interested...

Max
Like Post Reply
(07-30-2014, 09:09 AM)Maxwell Wrote: If you haven't purchased the arms yet, I would sell the the XL roll on arms that we took off of our Sovran.  You would then just have to purchase the blocks from Nautley which would cost $360 for the blocks.  Feel free to send me a note if interested...

Max

Hi Max. 

We have a Sovran 3600 and are also exploring Nautley davits for our new AB 9UL. Are you still offering yours?

Also, any info on how they worked for you would be helpful. 

Thanks,
Ray Holton 
Freedom
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nautley Dinghy Davits for our 3500 Open Fiddlehead 8 8,399 04-24-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: MC1600
  Dinghy Davit Install; 4000 Express MC1600 4 2,286 06-10-2021, 07:20 AM
Last Post: MC1600
  ID’ing Dinghy Chocks MC1600 2 1,451 11-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Maxwell