Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charles C-Power Automatic A/B Selector
Can these units still be found?-I have 2 on my 2004 Sovran.- One got fried during marina power outages.-Or is there an equivalent replacement unit?
Like Post Reply

Hi,

Do you mean the battery charger or the Charles external reg for the on engine alt's? I have the same boat with cummins power, mine is a 2005

Ken
Like Post Reply
Hi Ken.-It's the white boxes below the steps down to the cabin.-C-Power automatic A/B selectors.-{2004 44 sovran}.-Bow shore power is out.-The box on the stb side was warm to the touch, and making a buzzing sound.-I could be wrong, but I think these boxes control the shore power.
Like Post Reply
Hi,

I do not have those on my '05. Only have AC and DC breakers under steps and the Battery shut offs. Try emailing Tiara with your HIN, they have a real good customer service team.

Ken
[-] The following 1 user Likes TIARA44's post:
Folkvord (08-27-2021)
Like Post Reply
They don't make them anymore. The company still exists but told me the last guy who knew anything about them retired last year. I haven't really looked further as I never use my forward hookups.
Sans Peur 2003 Tiara 50 Open
Like Post Reply
Well that's certainly not good news.-We dock bow in at our home dock, so the bow hookup is a must.-Have emailed Tiara, but haven't heard back yet.
Like Post Reply
Hi,

Just a random thought, you might be able to have a marine electrician re-wire the box to have the bow power feed 'come' in on the side of the switch which is good. Other option would be to see what Tiara is using currently to accomplish this same task, bow and stern power feeds.

Ken
Like Post Reply
Ken

Interesting idea.-Already contacted TIARA.They didn't offer any ideas about other solutions.-I will send them another more specific email.

Svein
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Troubleshooting raymarine power issues - 2010 3600 Open coyler 4 322 07-12-2021, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Donaldjames
  tuFUZ0cQ Shore power breakers/ surge protectors MichaelD 2 367 04-02-2021, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Harloo
  power problem connecting to pedestal with GFI breakers Snowballs 18 4,884 11-16-2020, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Matta0413
  Erratic DC Power Loss 40 Express August Rush 1 472 09-13-2020, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sans Peur
  Temporary Loss of Electric Power to Engine RCKLAW 3 789 07-09-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ReelMagic