Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 38 open A/C pump
Hello.  Thank you for letting me join the forum.  Just purchased a 2002 38 open.  I have to replace the A/C pump.  It looks painful to get to.  Under the starboard engine.  Any tips to get to the pump easily? Thanks in advance
Like Post Reply

Are you sure the A/C pump is below the starboard engine? I have a 2003 38 Open and the A/C pump is located under the Big fishwell in the cockpit... The through hull valve and strainer are also located under the big fishwell...
Like Post Reply
Yes. I was hoping it was in that spot. I have a good friend that has a 2003, same spot. Not happy with tiara to put the pump in such a hard location to get at.
Like Post Reply
Agree.. I suspect the previous owner may have moved it there for some reason. When I was searching for my 38 (2007 timeframe) Ii don't remember any of the boats I looked at having the A/C pump in the engine room. I do remember seeing them under the big fishwell in the cockpit.. Where is the through hull valve and strainer located? If its in the stern under the fishewell you may want to relocate the A/C pump there.. M2C
Like Post Reply
Mine 2002 has it under the starboard engine just forward of the strainer. Very difficult to access. Any one know how best to replace the pump?
Like Post Reply
Sounds like you need to purchase a long length of new hose and relocate the pump to a more convenient spot.
Sans Peur 2003 Tiara 50 Open
Like Post Reply
(11-04-2021, 08:11 AM)ReelMagic Wrote: Agree.. I suspect the previous owner may have moved it there for some reason. When I was searching for my 38 (2007 timeframe) Ii don't remember any of the boats I looked at having the A/C pump in the engine room. I do remember seeing them under the big fishwell in the cockpit.. Where is the through hull valve and strainer located?   If its in the stern under the fishewell you may want to relocate the A/C pump there.. M2C

Mine is located under the center floorboard (the one with the grate) in it. You remove the board; it couldn't be
any easier to get to. If you think thats hard; try to get to the horn compressor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
HarmoneE²
Tiara 3800 Open, Onset MA
Like Post Reply
so , fought through replacing the pump under the starboard engine removing the fuel cooler to access.  Wired the pump as normal, white to white black to black and ground to ground.  Turned the breaker on and the pump started running without either a/c unit calling for water. Not sure if anyone has run into this problem.  Need advice. 
Thank  You
Like Post Reply
If you have a Passport I/O programmable display, and the display is on, option P-12 controls whether the pump runs continuously or only when the compressor is on. I suspect that on one of your two units this setting might have gotten changed to continuously.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
Thank You. Not sure if my displays are programable or not. I will look at the manual. Sounds logical though. New to me boat, lots to learn.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] 1994 Tiara 3100 Open - looking for model number of Vacuflush toilet Tgilbert 3 330 05-26-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: RMS
  96 Tiara 3500 Express A/C pump relay location John C 2 102 05-22-2022, 06:37 PM
Last Post: John C
  Aft Bilge Pump - Attwood 4060 TripleStrength 4 4,462 03-28-2022, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Hemlock_SF
  Change Cockpit Fresh and Raw Water Connections - 2000 43 Open bnr@dur-a-flex.com 5 517 01-25-2022, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Kelly
  2002 38 Open Macerator GeoDoc 3 1,573 01-17-2022, 03:08 PM
Last Post: ReelMagic