Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open Underwater Lights
2002 3800. One of my underwater lights is blowing its fuse. Upon examination I found a 6 amp fuse blown. I tried a 10 amp which immediately blew. So, I assume something is wrong with the light. Next bottom job I would like to have a couple of new ones on hand so I would appreciate some recommendations what to buy. When I bought the boat six months ago I did not notice the brand currently on the boat.
Like Post Reply

(12-14-2021, 11:13 PM)GeoDoc Wrote: 2002 3800. One of my underwater lights is blowing its fuse. Upon examination I found a 6 amp fuse blown. I tried a 10 amp which immediately blew. So, I assume something is wrong with the light. Next bottom job I would like to have a couple of new ones on hand so I would appreciate some recommendations what to buy. When I bought the boat six months ago I did not notice the brand currently on the boat.

I found a retailer to sell me Seablaze X2's for $275 each (I did buy 5 of them to get that price).
Like Post Reply
The Lumitec SeaBlazeX2 are getting great reviews. Depending on what color scheme can be pricey but not something you want to have issues with after install.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lobsta's post:
Sans Peur (04-06-2022)
Like Post Reply
(12-14-2021, 11:13 PM)GeoDoc Wrote: 2002 3800. One of my underwater lights is blowing its fuse. Upon examination I found a 6 amp fuse blown. I tried a 10 amp which immediately blew. So, I assume something is wrong with the light. Next bottom job I would like to have a couple of new ones on hand so I would appreciate some recommendations what to buy. When I bought the boat six months ago I did not notice the brand currently on the boat.

Replacing the fuse with a higher amperage one is asking for serious electrical issues and possibly causing a fire.  You could fry your system from the fuse to the point of use.  

A fuse box is installed for electrical distribution, but more importantly for safety.  Upon investigation, your insurance won't cover you for intentionally overriding your rated fuse.
Like Post Reply
I don't have a good picture of my underwater lights but what I can see from the survey pictures when I bought the boat last year look similar to pictures of other Tiara's lights. Did the factory install these as an option or does everyone seemed to have picked out the same ones later?
Like Post Reply
(04-08-2022, 08:25 AM)GeoDoc Wrote: I don't have a good picture of my underwater lights but what I can see from the survey pictures when I bought the boat last year look similar to pictures of other Tiara's lights. Did the factory install these as an option or does everyone seemed to have picked out the same ones later?

I was going to go the same route with the Sea Blaze X2 until I finally got down there to take a look at the back of the light and realized it’s a true thru hull with a 1-1/4” hole. I can imagine it would cost a few bucks to fill that hole and redrill a smaller hole for the Sea Blaze. If you need to go with a thru hull type light Aqualight AL90 is about $700 for the 6k lumens and $800 for the 10k lumens, more than I wanted to spend on lights but pretty cheap for that type of light. Haul out is next month, so I can’t speak for the quality of the light yet.

2005 Tiara 3800
Like Post Reply
As i said mine are hard to see on the survey but they look more like the Seablaze than the Aqualights. How big a hole does the Seablaze use? I may try to crawl down there.
Like Post Reply