Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel like an orphan
Although I have been on the forum for a few months, I've never asked this before; Why isn't there an EXPRESS model forum? I know they weren't made in the same numbers as many other models but we are out there Smile

Could it be that the Express models never have problems? Nah......

Paul
This opinion is worth what you paid for it.

Tiara 4000 Express with Cummins 6CTA8.3s
St. Augustine, Florida
Like Post Reply

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Tiara Open considered an Express? I have a 4100 Open and always considered it an express style boat.
Scotty
Like Post Reply
Yes Scotty, technically the open is an express, but the Express was a distinct model.

St. Augustine, Florida
Like Post Reply
Paul, you are exactly correct. Tiara made several models and called them Expresses. For the life of me I can't tell the difference between a Open and an Express. Perhaps Chris will chime in here and explain it to us.

Regards, Mark
Like Post Reply
One simple answer to the difference, IMHO, is the Open is a much better fishing machine, the Express is a cruising machine. Our cockpit has lounges at the transom and facing the stern. Two tables hydraulically raise from the cockpit sole for dining in the cockpit. We also have a huge mid cabin with it's own sink and head (the 38' Express does not have the mid cabin or second head). Specs are length overall (with pulpit and swim platform) 48', beam 14'6", draft 4'6", dry weight 26,000. I believe the Opens are slight less beamy, shallower draft, and a bit lighter. Still great machines, all.

St. Augustine, Florida
Like Post Reply