Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open Air conditioner
The last 2 seasons I have had issue starting up my air conditioner. No water pumping through.
Pump is new last year.

I winterize by blowing all of the salt water out of the system and filling with anti freeze

When I turn on in the spring… no water.

I fill the strainer and hoses with water…. Nothing.

Next. I will take the intake hose off and ensue it’s clear..

Anyone see anything I am doing wrong? Or could do better.

Am I missing a step ?

Thanks
Like Post Reply

My first suspicion would have been an air lock, but if you’re filming the line with water and it still won’t work, I’d suspect the need for an new pump.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MC1600's post:
Mydiamond (05-24-2022)
Like Post Reply
Need to remember the A/C pump is a displacement pump and not a pressure pump. With that said there must be water in the entire system, especially at the pump to ensure it will move water (as the pump is a displacement pump). Additionally the pump impeller is NOT connected to the motor via a shaft. Its a magnetic drive system between the motor and impeller so any resistance will inhibit the impeller rotation and movement of water to the A/C unit.... M2C
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReelMagic's post:
Mydiamond (05-24-2022)
Like Post Reply
I had an issue one year of an airlock after the airconditioner in the antisiphon loop. I would take the line off after the pump and see if you can blow air thru the airconditioner manually. If not, you'll need to remove the hose after the ac unit and blow it out.

I stopped blowing out my AC lines with air and started running pink thru it to winterize it. Haven't had a problem since.

EDIT: I see you ran antifreeze thru yours. I'd still check and see if you can manually blow or pump thru the system.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Misdirection's post:
Mydiamond (05-24-2022)
Like Post Reply
I have found that running the boat on plane (after winter storage) for a few minutes (a/c off) primes the water pump sufficiently.
Bob
Like Post Reply
Thank you everyone.
Running on plane seams to have done it. Great trick….
Like Post Reply