Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fiamm trumpet horn compressor location
I have a 2013 31’ Tiara Open and the trumpet horn on the hardtop sounds like a sick duck. I am looking to replace it, but I don’t see where the small compressor is located. I have emailed Tiara, but have not heard back from them. I’m not sure if it’s in the hardtop itself, but I don’t want to remove upholstery if I don’t have to. My plan is to replace it with a 12 volt electric horn in lieu of the compressor.
Any information is much appreciated,
Tom
Like Post Reply

It’s behind the Starboard speaker cover just above the fridge/wetbar behind the helm.

FYI - My horn had the same problem and it was due to the air line to the horn being slightly kinked at the connection to the horn.

Good luck!
Like Post Reply
Hold on.... The terrible sound you hear may not be the fault of the compressor.... I also have the same horns on my 38 Open and found the problem to be with the plastic diaphragms inside the horns themselves.... Take out the 3 screws holding the top of the horns on and you should see the diaphragms.... Clean or replace them and clean/smooth the top lip of the diaphragm seat.... The diaphragms aren't seating correctly.... Have to do this procedure every several years and seems to always fix thee horns.. M2C
Like Post Reply
I ordered new kits from Zoro.com. Measure the diameter of the removable covers on top of the horns. I eyeballed the size first and ordered the 2.5". I really need the 3". They sent me the three inch and said to keep the 2.5". They were cheap.

Flamm Horn Replacement Kits
2.5 “Zoro # G7469905
3.0” Zoro  # G7469948
Like Post Reply
Thank you all for replies, I actually tried to remove the 3 screws at each horn, but apparently the previous owner tried as well, and stripped the heads of 4 of the 6 screws!
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Sovran] Air horn compressor Four Winds V 2 355 01-04-2024, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Four Winds V
  [Tiara Open] Trumpet horn replacement Capt. Tom 1 476 09-15-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: lakesidevu
  [Tiara Sovran] Horn compressor gdynkowski 6 1,589 05-19-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Lobsta
  Windshield Washer solenoid location 02-3100 jmarlo 4 1,533 05-10-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: ReelMagic
  3500 express air horn giff1 2 806 05-10-2023, 06:12 AM
Last Post: The Duke