Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
39 coupe engine access
I’m looking at the possibility of purchasing a 39 coupe.  Engine room access over the engines appears very low.  Are there any issues with being able to service and also possibly do major work on these engines down the road with such limited room? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Like Post Reply

I own the 44’ version of that coupe. Yes, not much overhead engine room access. I miss my Open for this reason. Otherwise the Coupe is awesome!!!
Like Post Reply
We have a C39 and HNS1's post above is right on the money; the coupe is an awesome platform, but engine access is through a hatch and down a short ladder immediately aft of the sliding doors. It's a job for young, skinny guys...as most projects on boats seem to be.

Having said that, everything below is nicely laid out, and space for normal maintenance while cramped, is not as bad as I've seen on some other boats.

I'm not sure what the process is in the case of engines needing a major repair, but being a Tiara, I'l bet there is a plan...I'd ask a servicing dealer.

Cheers
Like Post Reply
I’m guessing getting to the Coupe engines for major work would involve a traditional access. So on this boat removing the aft seats and the floor panels. A pain in the rear  but very common. I optioned my 44 with direct drive Cummins. These Cummins allow, if needed, pistons to be removed from the top of the motor with its sleeving. 
 That being said, as I’ve mentioned before, I really do miss the Open’s access to the engine room. 
 HS
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  50/53 Coupe and Fly Owners Group Sapphire 0 1,320 12-12-2022, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Sapphire
  [Tiara Open] Engine room hatch lift thg885 4 3,790 09-14-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: HNS1
  Tiara coupe ultraleather mold issue bill@americansurplus.com 0 699 09-17-2021, 10:19 AM
Last Post: bill@americansurplus.com
  [Tiara Open] Feedback re 2004 Tiara 3200 Open, Twin Volvo Penta D6 310 hp engine. MTK66 1 1,069 09-09-2021, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Demccoun
  88 3100 access to AC ductwork and speakers behind settee SlowPoke 3 1,998 02-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Jimmy