Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ceiling panels in cabin
        any idea on how to fix these sagging panels in my cabin?? is this a common occurrence, it's not horrible but it bugs me, the one picture is in the bedroom, i dont know if that is how it's supposed to be or not, it doesnt look like there is anything to attach it to, it looks almost like it slides into the other 2 strips??
Like Post Reply

Is the board warped or the headliner material separating? If the latter, the best way to fix is to remove the entire panel and reglue it. If the board is warped, you may have to replace if you can’t get it to tighten/straighten up.
Like Post Reply
when you say reglue it, re glue it to what? i do not think it is warped, could i just add another button ? i see that there are 2 there now, maybe add another one?
Like Post Reply
Your headliner is built by wrapping and gluing fabric to 1/4” sheets of plywood. That plywood is then screwed to the cabin top and decorative caps (what you called a “button”) are placed over the screws. To remove the screws, gently pop/pry the plastic top off. You’ll then see the screw head.

Proceed with previous assessment I outlined.
Like Post Reply
Add more screws with the button covers. Easy and will be permanent.
Like Post Reply
awesome, thank you guys....
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replaced cabin backrest fabric - DIY DGM0223 1 346 12-18-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Newbie7749
  Removing cabin steps in 2000 3500 Open - Can't find anyone who has a real solution... recppd 3 856 10-05-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Crown Royal
  [Tiara Open] Sliding cabin door drifter 0 362 09-06-2023, 01:53 PM
Last Post: drifter
  cleaning teak&holly cabin floor OurHighLife 4 589 08-29-2023, 06:23 AM
Last Post: ReelMagic
  ceiling panel honest mark 2 452 08-02-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: honest mark