Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Prop and shaft
#1
Hi, like some input about prop Dia. Pitch, cup # 1993- 33 open 350 hp gas ,, loaded light fuel full, I think I have way to much bow rise and full down tabs most of the time. Maybe 50percent down at 4400 rpm, thinking x number of prop cup will give some stern lift and reduce down tab drag. # 2 does any one know the the thread pitch on the prop shaft and the shaft Dia. Thinking of changing props to larger Dia. And 3 blade to 4 blade no shire close to the hull the prop blades can be thanks to all Captain
Like Post Reply

#2
I had HyTORQ 18x21 3 blades on my 1988 33 Open(350 Crusaders) and had to replace them and the local propeller shop recommended Michigan Wheel 18x21 3 blade DJX's.  The only time I needed full tab was if the boat was fully loaded with fuel at cruising RPM of 3300/3400.  300 gallons of fuel is quite a lot for that size boat(1800 lbs) so I'm not surprised a lot of tab is needed.  The HyTORQ were fine but the DJX props were an improvement, regardless I think 3 blade 18x21's are the right prop for the Crusaders.  Whatever you do have them tuned, it makes a huge difference.  Pretty sure the shaft diameter is 1.5"
Like Post Reply
#3
(05-25-2016, 09:58 AM)tglass Wrote: I had HyTORQ 18x21 3 blades on my 1988 33 Open(350 Crusaders) and had to replace them and the local propeller shop recommended Michigan Wheel 18x21 3 blade DJX's.  The only time I needed full tab was if the boat was fully loaded with fuel at cruising RPM of 3300/3400.  300 gallons of fuel is quite a lot for that size boat(1800 lbs) so I'm not surprised a lot of tab is needed.  The HyTORQ were fine but the DJX props were an improvement, regardless I think 3 blade 18x21's are the right prop for the Crusaders.  Whatever you do have them tuned, it makes a huge difference.  Pretty sure the shaft diameter is 1.5"

Ok thanks
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1996 33Tiara open - shaft seal lubricant leaking Mydiamond 4 1,443 05-22-2026, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Mydiamond
  2005 Tiara 2900 Open Classic shaft size wlizondro 1 1,539 03-18-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: HIGH SPIRTED
  [Tiara Open] 3100 Shaft Boxes cover Stan 1 1,327 02-22-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Darksails
  2003 Tiara 31 Open w/Cummins 6BTA 5.9 330HP Prop size alhalpern 1 1,861 06-29-2022, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Misdirection
  [Tiara Open] PYI PSS Shaft Seal Compression Increase MichFan 9 5,200 05-06-2022, 05:35 PM
Last Post: MichFan



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Prop and shaft00