Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying a 3500 open
Hi to all , I've been lusting after the Open 3500's for sometime . It is just about to go from a dream to reality . I'll be going from a 21 ft Mako CC to 3500 open with twin Cummings and a hardtop . I believe this particular model has a timeless design . We live in Cape Coral and are located on a canal which has sailboat access . So no bridges out to the Calusahatchee . My wife and I are somewhat newly retired and plan on navigating and adventuring around the state of Florida . Eventually doing the inter coastal to visit friends and family up north . But when we go , we'll be going in style . The 3500 is a lot of boat than what I'm used to . I'm sure I will be seeking advice and a lot more questions will bubble up as My wife and I go thru this adventure . My wife and I have joined the local Power Squadron here and we have started our seagoing education . So far we have our basic and Seamanship courses completed . Piloting and Navigation is upcoming . Thanks for everything ..............

Rich Mc
2001 3500 Open
Like Post Reply

Awesome purchase!

I was in Cape Coral last weekend visiting family. That is a great stepping of point for some excellent cruising destinations. I am sure you will get lot's of enjoyment out of your Tiara Smile
Like Post Reply
A great boat and great idea to join the United States Power Squadron. There is so much to learn and that's the place to get it. When you complete Advanced Piloting you will feel comfortable traveling to far away destinations.   Cdr. George,  Port St. Lucie Power Squadron.
Like Post Reply
Congrats on the purchase. I have had our 3500 for 6 yrs now. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I have been through our boat top to bottom a number of times. Enjoy. 
Tom
Like Post Reply
(07-06-2016, 04:00 PM)Adventurous Soul Wrote: Hi to all , I've been lusting after the Open 3500's for sometime . It is just about to go from a dream to reality . I'll be going from a 21 ft Mako CC to 3500 open with twin Cummings and a hardtop . I believe this particular model has a timeless design . We live in Cape Coral and are located on a canal which has sailboat access . So no bridges out to the Calusahatchee . My wife and I are somewhat newly retired and plan on navigating and adventuring around the state of Florida . Eventually doing the inter coastal to visit friends and family up north . But when we go , we'll be going in style . The 3500 is a lot of boat than what I'm used to . I'm sure I will be seeking advice and a lot more questions will bubble up as My wife and I go thru this adventure . My wife and I have joined the local Power Squadron here and we have started our seagoing education . So far we have our basic and Seamanship courses completed . Piloting and Navigation is upcoming . Thanks for everything ..............

Rich Mc
We recently celebrated our 16th anniversary with the "Bobcat", and are still smiling.  Congratulations, best of luck, and take good care of your new baby.    
Like Post Reply
3500 Open is a fantastic boat.  I ended up with a great 3100 Open, Crusaders with Canvas but always wanted the 3500, Hardtop and Cummins.  Consider joining the Coast Guard Aux in your area and getting Crew certified.  Your confidence level on the water will increase and it is a good feeling to give back to your country at the same time.  You get free training and you can participate 3 times a year or 30 times a year.

Good Luck

IrvingVet
Reel Vet 3100 Open
Annapolis, MD
Like Post Reply
(07-06-2016, 04:00 PM)Adventurous Soul Wrote: Hi to all , I've been lusting after the Open 3500's for sometime . It is just about to go from a dream to reality . I'll be going from a 21 ft Mako CC to 3500 open with twin Cummings and a hardtop . I believe this particular model has a timeless design . We live in Cape Coral and are located on a canal which has sailboat access . So no bridges out to the Calusahatchee . My wife and I are somewhat newly retired and plan on navigating and adventuring around the state of Florida . Eventually doing the inter coastal to visit friends and family up north . But when we go , we'll be going in style . The 3500 is a lot of boat than what I'm used to . I'm sure I will be seeking advice and a lot more questions will bubble up as My wife and I go thru this adventure . My wife and I have joined the local Power Squadron here and we have started our seagoing education . So far we have our basic and Seamanship courses completed . Piloting and Navigation is upcoming . Thanks for everything ..............

Rich Mc

I just purchased a 2004 tiara 3500 open with twin cummins and hardtop, does anyone know where I would replace the mattress ? Looking forward to using it this spring ,mike

(07-15-2016, 06:31 AM)Uhehner Wrote: A great boat and great idea to join the United States Power Squadron. There is so much to learn and that's the place to get it. When you complete Advanced Piloting you will feel comfortable traveling to far away destinations.   Cdr. George,  Port St. Lucie Power Squadron.

Tom why is the 3500 open significantly lighter than the next generation 3600 open a year or 2 after 2004 when the specs are almost identical , beam, length etc
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Sovran] New Member and 3500 Owner in Stuart Fl LastDance 0 72 04-25-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: LastDance
  New Owner - 2004 4200 Open jgordon 5 963 03-19-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: jgordon
  2005 Tiara 36 Open Rick B 2 351 02-01-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  New 3300 open owner from B.C. with young kids vancouveralanna 6 2,417 01-02-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: cp4000
  33 open 1995 total refit 2006 Yanmar 370 TeoGreece 0 346 12-28-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: TeoGreece