Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underwater lights
Would like to put underwater lights on over the winter.was thinking of the sea blaze x surface mount.anyone have any experience with these or. Have a better solution.the seablaze are about 320 a light.Bill
[-] The following 1 user Likes williamwalter's post:
bwoods94 (11-25-2016)
Like Post Reply

(11-25-2016, 08:49 PM)williamwalter Wrote: Would like to put underwater lights on over the winter.was thinking of the sea blaze x surface mount.anyone have any experience with these or. Have a better solution.the seablaze are about 320 a light.Bill

I hate to drill any holes in boats, especially below the waterline. I have seen so much transom damage from water penetration.  If it were my boat and I wanted underwater lights they would be surface mount. In addition I would 5200 a piece of 3/4"  PVC stock to the transom and screw the lights to the PVC. The power cable would be run above the waterline before entering the interior. Remember, if you are in salt water, marine growth will foul the lens and require maintenance. Look around at boats out of the water in the yards and you will see what I mean.  Capt. George
Like Post Reply
I agree I hate drilling holes in my boat below the water line but if done right it should be like any other through hull.these lights only require a quarter inch hole for wire.haddent thought about growth but I'm usually swimming around boat with a brush and usually don't have much growth on transom.Bill
Like Post Reply
Maybe Chris B would know. When you drill through the transom below the water line is it solid glass or will you hit a wood core?  Capt. George
Like Post Reply
The years ago I installed 4 sea blaze x's when they came out on my 42 Open and love them!
42 Open - C12 Cats
Like Post Reply
Was thinking of putting 3 lights on my boat .is that enough for a 14 foot beam.did you go with the blue white lights.Bill
Like Post Reply
I installed 3 seablaze x blue/white/strobe lights on my 35 open, 13.5' beam. They provide plenty of light IMO, YMMV. You can inquire to Tiara if your hull below waterline is solid, mine is. Easy install. As far fouling, mine do not foul very much at all and a simple wipe and the fouling that is present comes right off. 
Tom
Like Post Reply
Thanks for the info .i did not see much about the install other then putting the lights on the hull and putting wires thru.did it come with any info on doing the electrical.was that something you did or did you have it done. Did it come with any of that or were you on your own.Bill
Like Post Reply
I did all the wiring myself, I have a degree in electronics so not a big deal. If you decide to do it yourself, please make sure you use the correct gauge wire. For three lights and a fairly long run, I used 10 gauge wire. If you use to small of a gauge wire, you will get a voltage drop and the light will not operate correctly. This is for pretty much any light you use. Make sure wiring is sized correctly and of course fused or a breaker as well. To answer your question if the directions had any information I really don't remember, probably just threw is away anyway. You know, guys don't need instructions on stuff like this Smile   <JK>

Tom
Tom
Like Post Reply
Sounds good. I have some good wire for the job.was thinking of putting a bus block in back and run to my circuit breaker panel.i have a couple of openings there.i have these carling breakers that have square front that fits in my panel.what size circuit breaker did you put in.did the manufacturer recommended anything specific for 3 lights.Bill
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] 3100 Dash lights tatum051 3 3,740 07-20-2023, 05:47 AM
Last Post: MuskyHuntr
  [Tiara Open] Red led control panel lights out lakesidevu 0 797 06-22-2021, 01:05 PM
Last Post: lakesidevu
  [Tiara Open] No Indicator Lights on AC Section of Breaker Panel It's A Need 3 1,866 12-26-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Jimmy
  guage lights justrollin 2 1,755 09-15-2020, 10:42 AM
Last Post: justrollin
  cockpit courtesy lights justrollin 4 5,514 06-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Last Post: peakay