Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open Windshield Woes
I have a '98 31' open.
Windshield leaks like crazy. Hardware is old and mismatched on centre opening window.
Frame needs painting.
Does anyone know where I can get hardware?
Does anyone know the process for dismantling the window for paint/resealing?
Time spent on the water is not deducted from ones lifespan
Like Post Reply

(01-31-2018, 05:26 AM)Tlew Wrote: I have a '98 31' open.
Windshield leaks like crazy. Hardware is old and mismatched on centre opening window.
Frame needs painting.

I did my 33 a few years back. Tiara has all the hardware and seals needed, along with instructions. I Awlgripped mine, but I would probably have it powder coated when I do my 41. I have all the info on my home PC, I can send you. If you want to private message me I will send that tonight. Some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
41 Tiara Open
Like Post Reply
(01-31-2018, 05:26 AM)Tlew Wrote: I have a '98 31' open.
Frame needs painting.

Read some of the earlier suggestions on this subject.  Just my opinion but you will be opening a can of worms if you try to remove the windshield. Especially if it is a salt water boat. My recommendation is to sand, tape, prime and Awlgrip in place. I did my 36 Tiara about 5 years ago and the metal still looks like new. Brush the Awlgrip and smooth it with a foam brush. You will be impressed and have a lot less work. 
Capt. George
Like Post Reply
I respectfully disagree with captain George. 
Tiew, this Wasn't to bad of a job. It was time consuming, more so for the painting. Again if your interested, let me know and I will give you my email and phone number. I have pics of the boat apart, and all the info you need.

Bruce

Bruce
41 Tiara Open
Like Post Reply
Bruce, Please re-read Capt George post. It states if you are in a salt environment, it may become a PITA. Both Capt George and Tiew are in salt rich environments while you are in fresh water. Tiara themselves warned me about the SS fasteners with aluminum caps, they may become oxidized due to the differencein metal causing corrosion. I was also warned that I may or may not be able to realign the center windshield if removed due to it flexing etc. (the one that moves on the 3500). I would proceed with caution and not go all in, remove one screw at a time slowly see how things progress and don't be afraid to paint in place if you find things don't come apart well.
Tom
Like Post Reply
(02-01-2018, 09:50 AM)trit21 Wrote: Bruce, Please re-read Capt George post. It states if you are in a salt environment, it may become a PITA. Both Capt George and Tiew are in salt rich environments while you are in fresh water. Tiara themselves warned me about the SS fasteners with aluminum caps, they may become oxidized due to the differencein metal causing corrosion. I was also warned that I may or may not be able to realign the center windshield if removed due to it flexing etc. (the one that moves on the 3500). I would proceed with caution and not go all in, remove one screw at a time slowly see how things progress and don't be afraid to paint in place if you find things don't come apart well.

I understand all of that , but painting still won’t fix a badly leaking windshield. You don’t have to take off the inner part of the frame, and in the instructions it does show in pretty good detail how to take out the Center piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
41 Tiara Open
Like Post Reply
Any ideas on the hardware for the push our window and the hatches? Mine are corroded, green and mismatched!
Like Post Reply
Have you tried Tiara? Brian Kane is a good guy to work with bkane@tiarayachts.com. When I took on this project (different boat) he set me up with all the necessary parts, instructions and some helpful hints.
Like Post Reply
Thank you for the contact details.
I had emailed to the general enquiry on the website when I purchased the boat and had no response.
I will email Brian directly.
Like Post Reply
HERE YOU GO

Thumbnail(s)

Bruce
41 Tiara Open
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2005- 3600 Open Center Windshield Wiper Motor Cover Replacement Tminus3 0 112 03-21-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Tminus3
  [Tiara Open] 2018 43' open, trying to find make of windshield wipers that need replacing. charley's angel 3 179 02-21-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: ReelMagic
  Sovran windshield joint protectant Euphoria38 1 282 11-17-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: MC1600
  Center windshield still leaking brad 2 659 07-17-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: brad
  Windshield vent actuator Matta0413 6 2,134 07-06-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Joeboch348