Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jabsco Electric Head Replacement
I have a 29 Coronet. 

The Jabsco electric conversion unit stopped working (currently using the manual unit). 

Rather than spend $500 on a new Jabsco electric conversion unit I figured I would just get a new toilet. 

I want to get a Jabsco because I think the mounting holes will be the same. 

Any suggestions on a unit? The space on the Coronet is a bit irregular in shape so want to make sure whatever I get fits with only minimal modifications. Thanks.
Like Post Reply

Just a thought. Have you thought of rebuilding the electronic unit that stopped working? Chances are that is all it needs and it is rather simple to do. They rebuild kits are readily available online. I have a 31 open and did it a couple years ago.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
(06-05-2023, 02:12 PM)bucksfanbg Wrote: Just a thought.  Have you thought of rebuilding the electronic unit that stopped working?  Chances are that is all it needs and it is rather simple to do.  They rebuild kits are readily available online.   I have a 31 open and did it a couple years ago.

Thanks -- yes, I actually did that and it still does not work. Seems like the actual motor is shot.  When I took the rest of the unit everything else looked fine (even the impellers looked brand new).
Like Post Reply
(06-05-2023, 03:11 PM)Newbie7749 Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 02:12 PM)bucksfanbg Wrote: Just a thought.  Have you thought of rebuilding the electronic unit that stopped working?  Chances are that is all it needs and it is rather simple to do.  They rebuild kits are readily available online.   I have a 31 open and did it a couple years ago.

Thanks -- yes, I actually did that and it still does not work. Seems like the actual motor is shot.  When I took the rest of the unit everything else looked fine (even the impellers looked brand new).

Take a look at the Raritan PH Superflush (manual) .  I'm 99% sure it's the same holes so should be an easy mount.  I have a 2900 Coronet too with the Jabsco blender- loud!  If I can't get the Jabsco to work this year I'm changing mine out.
Like Post Reply
What I found is whoever came up with the idea of waste material turning right and then another 90 to go UP to the macinator impeller really didn't think that one out.
Even though i had to drill 4 more holes for the bolt pattern, replacing that jabsco conversion abomination  is one of the best things I ever did.
That was 3 years ago and
I have not been up to my armpits with  uh, waste material since.
Like Post Reply
(06-25-2023, 08:43 AM)ReelEnjoyment Wrote: What I found is whoever came up with the idea of waste material turning right and then another 90 to go UP to the macinator impeller really didn't think that one out.
Even though i had to drill 4 more holes for the bolt pattern, replacing that jabsco conversion abomination  is one of the best things I ever did.
That was 3 years ago and
I have not been up to my armpits with  uh, waste material since.

What did you replace it with?
Like Post Reply
Sorry I did not see your question until today .
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

The chopper motor can be rotated on the bowl base 4 bolt mount.
The back of the bulkhead has a sharp angle and a small shelf for the head to sit on (probably due to sharing the same space with the shower)
I installed the head raw water supply pump on the bulkhead under the sink.
And had to adapt the 1 1/2 " discharge hose to 1",other than rotating the chopper motor and drilling new holes it was plug and play.
I hate drilling holes in my boat.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Waste Holding tank replacement danllovi 9 7,268 03-18-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Aashvi78
  [Tiara Open] OEM Fiberglass or replacement hood on console Abear68 1 942 02-25-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sans Peur
  [Tiara Open] Portal or thumb screw fastener replacement part SaKiawa 0 796 08-17-2021, 05:45 PM
Last Post: SaKiawa
  Old Raymarine 215 VHF Replacement Matta0413 3 3,103 05-30-2018, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  Replacement Scuppers Matta0413 17 13,635 03-31-2018, 08:55 AM
Last Post: jholtco